Changes to the Summoner Job :)

Jasmin

Delited :(
Wow this looks good!

The next version update will feature adjustments to several jobs. In this installment, we would like to describe the changes on the way for summoners.

Summoners use the Blood Pact pet command as their main way of doing battle. Both attacks and support/healing magic are included in this command and operate with a single recast time.

The development team has decided to split Blood Pact into two commands to allow players to select a strategy to fit the current situation once every minute.

[The New Blood Pacts]
The summoner pet command Blood Pact will be divided into two categories, each with its own recast time. "Blood Pact: Rage" will focus on direct damage and special attacks, while "Blood Pact: Ward" will center on support, enfeebling, and healing magic.

· Blood Pact: Rage (Recast time: 1 minute)
Orders the avatar to use special attacks.

· Blood Pact: Ward (Recast time: 1 minute)
Orders the avatar to use support abilities.

[Summoning Magic Skill]
- Effects on Blood Pact
Blood Pact will receive different effects when the value added by equipment or merit points exceeds the skill cap for that level.

For example, players can experience increased accuracy when using Blood Pact: Rage or lengthened effect durations when using Blood Pact: Ward. The length of the duration increased varies depending on which Blood Pact is used, but will not exceed 180 seconds.

A player whose summoning magic skill is lower than the skill cap will not experience any penalties, such as a decrease in accuracy or shortened effect durations.

- Skill Increases
The instances in which players can increase their skill will also be changed in accordance with the adjustments to summoning magic skill.

Originally, calling forth an avatar would sometimes improve a player's summoning magic skill. Soon players will also be able to experience increases in skill when using the Blood Pact: Rage and Blood Pact: Ward pet commands.

That wraps up the job-related changes coming in the next version update. More are scheduled for future updates, though, so keep checking the main page for the latest news!

Now that's a perfect update imo: neither too much, or too less, it's just what SMN needed :rolleyes:

What I'm wondering, we're October 3rd, update is in 17 days, they gave us 5 announcements so far: new chocobo, new race, job fix SAM > DRK/DRG/RNG > SAM. So what are they going to give us next :confused:

Edit: Not sure what does this mean? Does it mean there won't be more job fix in this update?
That wraps up the job-related changes coming in the next version update. More are scheduled for future updates, though, so keep checking the main page for the latest news!

Last edited:
yeah thats true its good now we can buff and attack and smn skill will lengthen the duration of buffs.

Hastega might actually last more than 10 seconds! If so, SMN miiiiiight be a viable option in TP Burn parties now no? :D

~Pitlith

i was bieng sarcastic, as i seriously doubt War's are gonna get anything, outside the choice of more subjobs, which is nice.

What do you think they did when they gave THF the option to make TA proc on command AND raised the base damage for most daggers... -.-

I know the THFs in my LS aren't gimp and can put out numbers side by side my with DRK. Which is suppose to be the "Best" DD class for spike damage. Maybe you're just gimp ;o

I think they just made us semi less gimp

I have merited with THF, MNK, NIN, RNG, WAR... and all the rest of the melee. THF has been number #1 on my parser so many times I am begining to think the job might be unbalanced/over powered.

THF needs NO updates.

Meh i solo more as a thief as opposed to parties. Also i have NO chance at items such as hecatomb so those thiefs most likely had a gear advantage.

Back