Casual Coil Static

Heie

Freefaller
FC/Active Member
I am interested in setting up a static that will do coil runs 1-3 times a week for a couple hours when we do the runs. I really want to set up a static as it will make everything run smooth and all the drops will be kept in the static, allowing the static to slowly move onto the next coil where we can get everyone the drops that they want.

I really want to keep this static casual and laid back. I do not want to grind for gear like it was back in the days of FFXI.

If you are interested feel free to message me in game, here on the forums, or just post to this thread.

Once we have a few people interested we can then lock down days and times when the static run.

I'm interested! Need to raise the level of my toons though. Currently only one above 70 is SCH, but I have WHM, BLM & SMN at 50 too.

I might be interested depending on days/times. Pld is my only job geared enough for it though.

I'm interested. DRG is my best geared but I have SCH and PLD as well.

Sass, I wouldn't worry about item level too much. Your item lvl needs to be 70 to do the first coil. The main point of doing this is to get everyone's item level higher. Since all items dropped are level 90 we will be able to raise everyone's item level really fast. Also you get a decent amount of myth and soldiery for each run. Allowing you to buy gear to help with the upgrade process. My whm's item level is only like 75 and when I did my first coil run my whm was like 72. I had no problems keeping up with healing. So you shouldn't have any problems with healing Sass.

I have only done coil one and two, both were very easy even with a sub par pick up group. Considering everyone in the FC has a good head on their shoulders I do not see us having any problems until we start getting a lot higher in the runs.

Fiko, we need another tank so having only pld works well. Plus we can get people drops for other jobs so when they hit 50 they will be decently geared out of the gate. If everyone want to start putting down days and times that work for them we can start to set up a schedule and hopefully get the ball rolling on this within the next week or two.

As of right now I am pretty open on evenings week days. Weekends for me are hit or miss. Late morning or early afternoon on weekends would work for me.

The other nice thing about this is if one of the static members can't make a run because of RL we can always try and find a replacement for that day within FC or LS. Even if that day we can't find anyone in FC or LS to fill the spot there is always PF and DF to keep the runs going.

Any weekday after 7-8pm edt (probably 11-12 I would have to log due to work in morning). Weekends any time really unless a RL obligation pops up. Except this weekend as I'll be on vacation.

How does Tuesday and Thursday evenings sound to everyone? I say we get started. We can always put the party in party finder to get the remaining members until the static is full.

Sounds good to me

Aim to start at 8:30 (maybe 9?) and go until about 11 EST?

Starting next week I take it?

Yeah, we will start on Tuesday next week.

Yels, while those times do work I personally would like to start a little earlier then that if that works for everyone else. I was thinking between 7-8pm est. Let me know if you would like another time or if those times work for you.

Also keep in mind I don't have much experience with coil. Only a few spot fillers on turn 3. Just putting that out there.

Sass can't until 9 though.

I only have experience with turns 1 and 2 so far.

I can maybe come at 8:30pm in the Fall and occasionally earlier depending on how long the runs take. Kiddo depends on me for tuck in & story still from 8:30 to 9pm every night.

Ok, so Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 9pm est. We will start this next Tuesday.

No worries about having experience with this or not. I have only done T1 and T2 but they are honestly pretty easy. From everything I have heard all binding coils are easy as long as you have people who know how to play their job. I know everyone here excels at their job so I have zero worries about this. Especially since we will be getting gear for everyone up.

As of right now I am thinking when we do runs we will do 4 T1 runs and 2 T2 runs. We can of course do more as time permits. T1 should be 10-15 minutes per run and T2 should be 15-20 minutes per run if we are enraging the boss (which is common so you don't have to deal with Rot or hot potato).

Sounds good to me.

When I get there I would like to join to become better at it. ;)

That is cool Kenzi. Brds are really good for coils. Would be great to have another one. Just so you are aware, you need to have item level 70 to start doing them.

That is exactly why I will be working towards that. I have a lot to work on plus getting Leon motivated to join the lvl 50 :)

Back