Blue Magic Skillchain Info

Lylie said:
Anyone have this chart with all WS and SC, but updated with Blue magic?

Aden made an updated SC chart that includes Blue Magic and puppet skills, but a lot of it was based on faulty information that we had at the time, so quite a bit of it is wrong. Don't think he'll make a new one until everything is confirmed, or at least close to it.

just do what i do, use the prototype Blu renkei chart side by side with the normal one.

Updated and added Sword and Club WS's due to popular demand. Tested Screwdriver >> Starburst the instant I dinged 40 with a BLM friend of mine, and it made Compression. LS-mate confirmed BLU in their party was regularly doing a solo SC: Red Lotus Blade >> Dimensional Death = Fusion.

Still need tests done on the following:
58 - Flying Hip Press
60 - Dimensional Death
62 - Body Slam (likely has multiple SC traits)
63 - Frypan
63 - Hydro Shot
63 - Spinal Cleave (likely has multiple SC traits, possibly 3)
69 - Hysteric Barrage (likely has multiple SC traits)
69 - Tail Slap

Yeah we don't get Swift Blade, only PLD's do :( Hell I'm used to RDM, I'm just happy we get Vorpal Blade, lol. I'm assuming we don't get Hexa Strike, as well. It's possible we do I guess but extremely unlikely. Actually I'm going to just go ahead and say not possible :p

Massive update. Down to only needing the following tests run (test other random stuff too if you want, there may be spells with multiple SC traits that haven't been listed yet)

62 - Body Slam (anything)

Any one of the following:
Spinal Cleave >> Spinal Cleave
Spinal Cleave >> Dancing Edge
Spinal Cleave >> Tachi: Jinpu
Spinal Cleave >> Starburst
Spinal Cleave >> Sunburst
Spinal Cleave >> Sturmwind
Spinal Cleave >> Spinning Scythe

Last edited:
Confirmed that Mandibular Bite starts Fragmentation just fine, dunno why people were having problems.

Still no info on Body Slam yet, and no more on Spinal Cleave yet. If you guys wanna just try different SC's to see if they work go ahead though, I'm sure there's some we missed that have 2 SC traits or whatever.

Confirmed that Mandibular Bite starts Fragmentation just fine, dunno why people were having problems.
only oddities ive seen making sc's on blu is when other doof's use their WS's mid-sc. The idea of a tpburn pt has made some people forget how skillchains work i think

Repost from KI:

As of now there is only one spell that is not on the chart, that being Body Slam. If -anyone- has information regarding ways you can SC with Body Slam, lemme know.

There is also one spell that needs the priorities of it tested, Spinal Cleave. Doing any one of the following SC's (none of which can be done solo) will determine what priorities Spinal Cleave have (only one of these needs to be done, not all of them):

Spinal Cleave >> Spinal Cleave (Detonation or Scission)
Spinal Cleave >> Terror Touch (Gravitation or Reverberation)
Spinal Cleave >> Death Scissors (Gravitation or Reverberation)
Spinal Cleave >> Dancing Edge (Detonation or Scission)
Spinal Cleave >> Tachi: Jinpu (Detonation or Scission)
Spinal Cleave >> Starburst (Gravitation or Reverberation)
Spinal Cleave >> Sunburst (Gravitation or Reverberation)
Spinal Cleave >> Sturmwind (Reverberation or Scission)
Spinal Cleave >> Spinning Scythe (Reverberation or Scission)

There also -may- be some SC's that haven't been found yet for spells that already are on the chart, but could have multiple SC traits. Especially try Hysteric Barrage - In particular, try Red Lotus Blade >> Hysteric Barrage, or any combination that would create Fusion or Impaction.

Once those 3 spells (Body Slam, Spinal Cleave, and Hysteric Barrage) have been tested, I'll make a final version of the chart and e-mail it to Aden.

i wonder if there's been any reportings of /bst causing issues learning spells... 3 different trips to the desert working on 1000 needles with /bst and npc to soak up some dmg.. and nothing learned... ill head out again today to try for it, maybe have some luck.

I've heard people having troubles with learning 1000 needles in general, I wonder if only certain mobs will teach it. Like there's Sabotenders and Cactaurs, maybe only one type will teach it.

Also I was pointed to a link to the JP FFXI Wiki, which they translated as showing Spinal Cleave having a priority in Detonation over Scission, and Body Slam is listed as Impaction. I added those and emailed Aden with the "final" chart, though there might be ones that haven't been found yet.

yeah ive tried both Sabotendeur in eastern (til i linked cactrot and got pwn'd) and Cactuar in western with no luck. My thought is that maybe since the mob is usually using 1000needles on my pet as a target, and since pet isnt necessarily in pt with me... maybe thats causing some trouble? idk really...

How far are you from being able to use 1000 Needles? Maybe the level gap is too big, I think its like 5 or 6 levels max at that level.

Or more likely, miniature cacti just hate you.

57 still, only xping once or twice a week in a static. puts me at the 5 lvl gap. although koul did learn feather tickle somewhere between 57-58(?) while exping in the woodlands. so it seems possible to learn from more than 5 lvls away, maybe just gets harder as you lvl higher? who knows. most likely i just have horrid luck.

Yes, when I was lvling on those birds I learned feather tickle when I was either 57 or 58... I didn't notice I learned the spell until the next morning when I logged on and went to do my ritual of organizing all my magic once I log on

to my AMAZEMENT!! I saw a new spell at the bottom, what the piss?! Feathah Tickle?! When did I learn that I said to myself! Confused and shocked I checked my level (lvl 58... but I thought... enterprising)

so I think that lvl junk is bullflop to a extent

Feather Tickle's 64, if you were 58 that makes sense, I'm pretty sure the level gap is 6 levels from 50-70, from what I've heard/seen. Now if you were 57, that'd be something :eek:

i picked up feather tickle at lvl58 within 1k of dinging, after about 13k xp worth of xping on colibri. 6 level difference seems to be a solid number there, yeah. that being said, at lvl 57 i spent about 6hrs working on 1000 needles with no success... ill go out and try again :p

Back