bla bla bla

I started writing a bunch of stuff about this, but realized it's premature and should wait until after the smn announcement. But I'll say this: I don't think smn is going to be much more powerful; I do think it's going to be more interesting.

Right now there aren't any interesting choices to make about armor or food. Blood pacts are generally chosen before battle; and we either go with one damage pact over and over, or we alternate between a buff and something else. We give an order roughly once a minute, then sit or play whm for the rest of the minute. Maybe if the battle goes in an unexpected direction, we'll have to switch the plan up a little. But that's ok, we have a minute to think before we can do anything about it. :p

I don't want to see any more power given to smn (ok, maybe just a little ^_~). We can already do a lot. I just want to see more interesting choices.
Lmao, made me laugh :D

Anyway, I know what SMN is capable of in an EXP PT, because I made a static with my friend when she was SMN 68 (and the rest of the PT at 75, the EXP difference is really near to nothing btw, and it still goes pretty fast) to SMN 73 (atm and we're still going, because she can't get a damn PT on her SMN, or will lfg a couple hours only to get a stupid PT). I also made PT with my other friend on my BRD, from 50 to 63 atm. I'd like to see SE buff them, cause I know both my friends will be happy, and our PTs will be even better!

But... SMN's already pretty strong. Most of the time, people ask my friends to just make the Acc/Eva move, Stoneskinga (can't spell the move, so I'll call it this way), and sometimes Hastega.

Looks like they'll give you guys two different timers for Attack/Support BPs, and change the way SMN skill works. Whatever they do though, you'll always have to /WHM and play the main/support healer^^; But now, I think it will be a little more entertaining with more possibilities.

I forgot what I wanted to say, so hmm yeah >.> lol. I hope SE give you a nice buff, but not too much, SMN's already powerful enough.

This will help Rdm/Rng and all the other Ranged attack jobs in ballista

Yeah, i agree with Coice and Fodder.

Maybe with this "food for pre-nerf acc/atk"addition i can switch out some acc gear and throw in STR or AGI with more confidence.

Have any of the other rangers noticed that post nerf, barrage either hits full on or misses completely?

I've been told barrage ACC is now TP based, as in the more TP you have, the more hits are likely to connect. I haven't tested that theory, but it's a retarded idea, meaning SE would likely have implemented something such as this. :hmm:

*Next update: SAM's Meditate TP gain will be TP based. If you have less than 100TP, your Meditate will have no effect.*

That's like making Barrage TP based, yeah? lol. But we all know S-E hates RNGs... (well, if the Barrage based on TP is correct -.-)

I've been told barrage ACC is now TP based, as in the more TP you have, the more hits are likely to connect. I haven't tested that theory, but it's a retarded idea, meaning SE would likely have implemented something such as this. :hmm:
I was landing almost full/full barrages last time in sea with hardly any TP.

When I played my RNG immediately after the nerf I noticed I did horrible damage and my barrages whiffed horribly.

I busted my RNG out again 2 weeks ago and my barrages were returning decent TP (with only about 10ish TP to start) and my ACC on normal mobs was really good - while in a strength setup no less. RNG/WAR was pretty much suicide for me.

So maybe with a little un-nerfing I will feel like a competent damage dealer again.

I just noticed that when I barrage I either get a full on return (100+tp if using gun, 95+ tp with xbow) or I wiff every dam piece of ammo, and mob level doesn't seem to be a factor in barrage. On the note it would be tp based, that soudns like SE, making a TP gaining ability based on TP. Either way, a little un-nerfing wouldn't hurt.

The DRG changes, while not earth shattering, are very useful. It was easy to time jumps around Spirit Surge before but it's nice to know I don't have to worry about it anymore. The 2 min drop on the Super Jump timer is monumental now. Super Jump can be very useful in a number of situations and 3 min is much more manageable then 5 min. The Stoneskin/Empathy buff is nice too, especially for soloing or Ballista

Back