bla bla bla

Aelfinn

Moose
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/896/detail.html
More Job Adjustments (10/02/2006)

<!-- TITLE AREA END --> <!-- TEXT AREA --> The next version update will feature adjustments to several jobs. Building on the previous notice regarding the samurai job, we would like to take this opportunity to describe the changes in store for dark knights, dragoons, and ranged attacks, which are used mainly by rangers and corsairs.

tphr01.gif

Adjustments to Ranged Attacks
As a result of adjustments to make ranged attack damage differ according to the distance from the target, jobs that specialize in ranged attacks have suffered a decrease in performance. In the next version update, we plan to reassess the adjustments made to accuracy and attack power according to distance from target.

[The Distance Calculation and Added Effects]
Ranged attack damage and accuracy are currently adjusted by a calculation based on the distance of the player from the enemy target. However, we plan to decrease the values for ranged accuracy and ranged attacks used in this calculation. This will ensure that the calculation will no longer largely eliminate the enhancements given by meals and equipment. Instead, the effects will be added directly to the player's attributes.

For example, if a player eats sushi, he will be able to largely compensate for the accuracy adjustment, and if a player eats meat, he will be able to compensate for the damage adjustment.

[Changes to Distance Adjustments]
We plan to slightly widen the range in which players can deal out maximum damage using bows, crossbows, and other distance weapons, as well as ease the decrease in accuracy and attack power that comes the farther the player is from the target.

tphr01.gif

Job Adjustment: Dark Knight
Timing will soon be more important when using the Absorb-TP spell, which was added in the July version update.

[TP Absorption Amount Adjustment]
Currently, the amount of TP an enemy possesses has little effect on the amount absorbed by the Absorb-TP spell. We plan to decrease the amount of TP absorbable from enemies with few remaining TP so that players will have to consider the timing of the spell.

tphr01.gif

Job Adjustments: Dragoon
Dragoons will receive adjustments to jump abilities and will be able to copy the Stoneskin effect to their wyverns.

[Job Ability: Spirit Surge]
The recast time for the Jump, High Jump, and Super Jump job abilities will be reset when using Spirit Surge.

[Job Ability: Super Jump]
The recast time for Super Jump will change from 5 minutes to just 3 minutes. In accordance, the merit point Group 1 category "Super Jump Recast" will allow players to shorten recast time by 6 seconds instead of 10.

[Job Trait: Empathy]
Players who have acquired the Empathy job trait will be able to copy the Stoneskin effect to their wyvern when using the job ability Spirit Link.

In addition to the above adjustments, the next version update will also feature changes to the summoner job. Keep checking the main page for details in the next few days!

RNG fix sounds totally B.S. for me. They finally realized, after 1 year and 2 month that no one was playing RNG anymore? I'm not sure what they're going to do...

I thought they were going to increase the power of Scythe for DRK? But all I see is an Absorb-TP nerf... I don't know DRG enough to say if it's a good change, but doesn't sounds so great, now is it?

And next job fix is SMN? Watch them make SMN even more powerfull, and give them Auto-refresh 2, more powerful avatars, etc.

Bah, at least they're trying, aren't they? :cool:

i dont see why people are complaining over what they're talking about doing for rng... isnt it what you've all been asking for???

I thought they were going to increase the power of Scythe for DRK? But all I see is an Absorb-TP nerf... I don't know DRG enough to say if it's a good change, but doesn't sounds so great, now is it?

Actually they were going to give drks more reason to use scythe.. as it stands they don't need to make drk's most powerful weapon even more powerful, effectively overpowering them. They do need reason to use Scythe though, as almost every mob in the game requires a light SC, lol.

Same problem arises with WAR. Any serious war <3 their GA, and <3 Steel Cyclone... but it's on the same section of chart as scythe x.x

... now if only steel cyclone and spiral hell could SC together.... lol...

I like how they're releasing these updates in small snippets.

I'm a fan of everything there, but they've still not given DRK an incentive to use Scythe over Great Sword. The Absorb-TP adjustment was how I originally thought that spell was working anyway. Did this use to absorb over the amount that an enemy had (I know I used to use it on Lebros walls)?

No, I think what this means is that it will be proportional.

Example
Mob TP - 30
Max Absorbable TP - 15

Mob TP - 150
Max Absorbable TP - 60

Numbers pulled out of my ass, but you get the idea.

i dont see why people are complaining over what they're talking about doing for rng... isnt it what you've all been asking for???
Because seeing how it's phrased, you can't understand what the hell is really going to happen to RNG.

The only thing I got is:
- We know no one plays lolRNG anymore.
- We know even if a RNG stack a shitload of R.acc and R.att it was being eliminate by our range-attack-nerf formula, thus making RNG missing so much.
- We are planning (read try) to fix RNG.

I remember the BLM adjustment announcement, it was the same kind of Wall-O-Text-B.S. to explain how they were going to finally fix BLM, and what happened? People started to panic, sold their BLM gears, and leveled another job. And the D-day, nothing happened. Their BLM fix turned out to be insignificant (sp), read, non-existant.

And when they put in the same announcement, a RNG fix with two mediocre (DRK and DRG) fixes, this makes me laugh. This is why I'm complaining.

Because seeing how it's phrased, you can't understand what the hell is really going to happen to RNG.

The explanation seems perfectly clear to me :confused:

if a player eats sushi, he will be able to largely compensate for the accuracy adjustment, and if a player eats meat, he will be able to compensate for the damage adjustment.

Translation: Whenever you're about to eat food, choose one of the following:
a) Pre-nerf accuracy
b) Pre-nerf attack

If you chose a, eat sushi.
If you chose b, eat meat.

The BLM change was worded in very general terms. It said "monsters will build up elemental resistance when hit repeatedly with elemental magic spells. The resistance will gradually wear off" There are so many variables in that that it's impossible to even attempt to predict what the outcome will be. With this it's totally different, it just says eat sushi to get pre-nerf accuracy, and eat meat to get pre-nerf attack. Sure, it's possible they're lying to us but it's as clear as can be, so seems like we should assume they're telling the truth until the update happens and we see otherwise.

You mean, they were telling the truth when the RNG nerf came, right? If I remember correctly, it was simply worded, like: "This will have very small effect on range attacks". We all know what happened then.
Kalia said:
so seems like we should assume they're telling the truth until the update happens and we see otherwise.
For SE it's more like:
We should assume they're lying, until proven otherwise.

The original one didn't say it would have a small effect, it just said nothing about how strong or weak the effect would be, leaving people to guess.

lol just stop complaining for the sake of complaining?

....fix rng omg pls fix rng....
*SE offers a POSITIVE adjustment*
...omg not enough... fix rng...

lol just stop complaining for the sake of complaining?

....fix rng omg pls fix rng....
*SE offers a POSITIVE adjustment*
...omg not enough... fix rng...
Lmao, yeah, I just love to complain for the sake of complaining :tounge-1: It's a good time killer when you're watching Lost on TV... lol

And next job fix is SMN? Watch them make SMN even more powerfull, and give them Auto-refresh 2, more powerful avatars, etc.

I started writing a bunch of stuff about this, but realized it's premature and should wait until after the smn announcement. But I'll say this: I don't think smn is going to be much more powerful; I do think it's going to be more interesting.

Right now there aren't any interesting choices to make about armor or food. Blood pacts are generally chosen before battle; and we either go with one damage pact over and over, or we alternate between a buff and something else. We give an order roughly once a minute, then sit or play whm for the rest of the minute. Maybe if the battle goes in an unexpected direction, we'll have to switch the plan up a little. But that's ok, we have a minute to think before we can do anything about it. :p

I don't want to see any more power given to smn (ok, maybe just a little ^_~). We can already do a lot. I just want to see more interesting choices.

Dragoon updates!

Sweet!
I had to laugh at this. I had the exact same experience when I took my PUP to Besieged for a little fun.

{choose Activate from the job abilities menu}
"Varda uses Activate."
{press the Deploy macro}
{press the Light Maneuver macro}
"Varda uses Light Maneuver."
"Aurelie casts Cure IV on Varda for 375 hp."
{press the Fire Maneuver macro}
"You need a pet to issue that command."
{press it a few times in disbelief}
{see the Activate timer counting down from 18 minutes}
{/sigh}

I welcome any change for the better for RNG. I currently use an acc build on RNG, typically use sushi and while standing at the "optimal" distance I still miss 30% or more of WS with a fully upgraded relic. I think that's crap considering such a huge amount of +RAcc and sushi. In my eyes the RNG nerf is akin to making Utsusemi work like the blink spell and telling nin yeah so what if you hemorhage gil to tank, you tank to well so now your shadows won't work all the time.

If this change is an improvement at all it will help.

They just confirmed exactly what I have been feeling for the longest time.

You will hit if you are going to hit, miss if you are going to miss. Acc food changes shit (well..almost).

Prelude? Whiff....
Sushi? Whiff....
Meat? Whiff....

If im going to whiff, I'll whiff with minuet+attack food, thanks.

Nice to see they are trying something and are admitting they fucked up.

Back