Beseiged. Ha! <DUW>

i don't have a problme with BLMs being able to do respectable damage. Just not with ga spells. The problem before was that there were like 50 blm in the zone and they would all just -ga III the first mob that popped and everything would die before melee had a chance to even engage. That was one extreme. Now it's the other extreme - BLM is useless except for curing people and stunning mobs.

A number of possible solutions:
- Keep BLM the same as it was before, but give the mobs an enormous weakness to melee. Like the Boreal Hound x10. This seems a little awkward though.
- Ga spells don't work during Beseiged
- Something involving charming lots of players, so that a ga spell will wipe your own forces, encouraging people to be very careful about the use of -ga spells.
- ga damage is nerfed, but single target nuke damage isn't.
- The notion of a "collective" hate (different from linked/shared hate). E.g. think about during a real battle, if this were really happening you'd have a general overseeing the battle who would notice that someone was killing tons of people at the same time, and taking him out would take priority over anything else. Doing 500 damage to a single mob would increase your "collective hate" by an amount less than doing 500 damage spread out among 2 mobs would increase it, and so on. In essence, BLMs would probably just stop using -ga spells all together because they second they did it all the mobs in the zone would just rush after them and fuck them up in 2 hits.

Aangeliceus said:
I scrolled all the way down for this? :arg:
I scrolled all the way down for this? :arg:

Well this threads explain my question of how come my nukes were so freakign weak during the last 2 beseiges.
I used to be able to do 100+ with -ga on 3-4 mobs. But yesterday, my Thundaga III did around 10-20 damage to each mob. Thunder IV did 19 on a Lamiar :abso-not: :blue-cry: as she did 150 with 1 hit after stripping off my Blink and Stoneskin :badshape: . Aspir her gave me like 50 MP, enough for 2 Poisona :tounge-3:

{I don't understand} :abso-not: :blue-cry: :blah:

I guess next time I will just hit them with my lvl 160 staff :tounge-3: :tounge-1: :rolleyes:

Supposedly WHM get a lot of IS and exp by just curing everyone. All the WHM I talked to got 700. if you're BLM, i guess just run around stun everything, Bio II everything, cure people, use poison and elemental debuffs like Choke > Frost > etc, use a lot of drain and aspir.

Seems like the way you get points is different for each job. Like you get more points for doing what your job is "supposed" to do. So I think for BLM the best way is what I described above.

Archain said:
One solution!

Feather Ticklega!

REPEATEDLY!

:tounge-1: :tounge-1: :tounge-1: :tounge-3: :tounge-3: :tounge-3: :tounge-3:
/em casts Ticklega on Archain (REPEATEDLY!)

<~ White Mage. Received 450 IS for Beseiged on the Undead lvl 5, I was running around curing like mad.

/ma "Ticklega" Archain
/wait 10
/ma "Ticklega" Archain
/wait 10
/ma "Ticklega" Archain
/wait 10
/ma "Ticklega" Archain

Kalia said:
Seems like the way you get points is different for each job. Like you get more points for doing what your job is "supposed" to do.
Wish I knew what SMN was supposed to do...

I guess I'll just go as whm next time. :p

Kalia said:
- Something involving charming lots of players, so that a ga spell will wipe your own forces, encouraging people to be very careful about the use of -ga spells.
Bad idea, really :bfg:

Im sure if this happens, ppl will Ga or Astral Flow ppl just for fun. Im sure I'd do it if I had BLM or SMN high enough lol.

Anyway, about BLM nerf in Besieged, Im sure SE got really bored about all these BLMs throwing Aga3 and ruining in 30sec what SE wanted to be the main event of Aht Urghan (Besieged and Assault were the main events for expension). So I guess they just said "F-ck it, lets nerf them, and we'll see how it goes".

Yeah, I do agree with you there. SE is EXTREMELY vicious with their nerf bat, this is one part I liek about Blizzard, they adjust, not just nerf, and this often includes buffing other jobs, adding new job abilities, etc, rather than just nullifying a job completely. Even just removing Agas would be cool, yes, I agree BLM's shouldnt be able to just aga everything, but on the same hand... Bleh.

lol you don't know blizzard well enough to talk...

they adjust retardedly

Dev1:"ok, hunters are kinda weak yo.. what to do?"

Dev2:"buff the shit outta them, meng"

Dev1:"goddamn, no class can beat hunters 1v1 now.. what we gonna do?"

Dev2:"buff warlocks duder"

Dev1:"k man, warlocks can only be beaten if they're idiots. now?"

Dev2"hmm.. lets make priests more DPS than mages and still best healers in the game ya?"

Dev1:"so...no one looks for priests for raids anymore, there's a million, and they all destroy mages at everything..."

Dev2"ehh... BUFF DA MAGES LOL"

Dev1:"paladins still gimp as shit man.."

Dev2:"what a paladin?"

Dev1:"lol shaman review"

Dev2 "lol yea"

Dev1:"we goin to hell"

Dev2:"who cares"

tell me i'm lying. Blizzard always just keeps buffing classes until they're all too overpowered to get anywhere near balancing the game, lol. i also left off the druid review, but would be somethin like "druids want dps yo" "they healers" "they still want" "eh ok, stronger cat"

this happened in diablo2 also, that's why a hammerdin now can beat hell cow lvl without meleeing. lol

This is true, but IMO, Square is exactly the opposite.

Dev1: RNG is a bit powerful end game, nobody is gettin any play cuz RNG can stand back and fire from range, do higher dmg weapon skills, have near perfect accuracy, and the ability to take dmg behind some shadows

Dev2: K. Lets nerf em completely end game, and make sure you use a method that'll cripple most other aspects too.

Dev1: K. BLM is coo, keke.

I like the buffing, it gives more to the game, even if it does remain unbalanced. Taking something away is just that.

eh rangers are on par with other physical DD jobs now.. and god forbid there be one event in the game you can't throw 18 blms at for a win? lol

Seriously, BLM is strongest job in the game, and you all piss and moan when you can't use -Aga spells in a trivial little battle? :halo:

now that i'm thinkin about it...

all thru a DD's exp career he hits for probably 80-150 per attack round (two swings if you're dw), and in the vast majority of HNMs, an attack round that comes to maybe 50 dmg is very strong. so..welcome to the rest of the DD jobs? >_>

Did anyone find out if they actually nerfed blm's or did they just buff the monsters with /ja's to increase their magic defense?

Maybe with new spells and merits coming out perhaps that magic defense can be negated.

Seriously, BLM is strongest job in the game, and you all piss and moan when you can't use -Aga spells in a trivial little battle?

Have you read anythign? lol

Its not just agas that are broken. Go check out Tier 4 damage.

Back