Beseiged. Ha! <DUW>

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Level 5 Today:

pol%202006-05-10%2008-28-22-58.jpg

pol%202006-05-10%2008-28-20-52.jpg

Besieged #1 Mamool: RDM/BLM (mostly nuking and enfeebling) with 1 death = 200exp.
Besieged #2 Troll: RDM/WHM (suporting melees and enfeebling) with 1 death = 25exp... *emo cry*
Besieged #3 Undead: RDM/NIN (Trial dagger for WS pts + Joyeuse and melee gear) no death = 700exp
icon_smile.gif

All 3 Besieged happened in 1h30+ one after the other, was alot of fun.

SE finally nerfed BLM in one of their event and that's a very GOOD thing. All nuke went for 10 to 100dmg, when melee + En-spell went for around 100dmg and more. Melees really get lots of EXP+ISP. Fun times
icon_biggrin.gif

Lylie said:
Melees really get lots of EXP+ISP. Fun times
icon_biggrin.gif
I was majorly ticked off that I got a measly 45 exp and around 50 ISP for an earlier besieged. I went as smn, summoned avatars 3-4 times, got 3 BPs off, and had the deathblow on one of the mobs. Another smn friend got 65 or so that run. Every other player I heard from got at least 150, all the way up to about 450. >_<

And in an earlier besieged, a whm friend of mine pulled out her club and hit a mob once, and she got over 100. >_<

It does seem like direct attackers get much better rewards. I hope SE adjusts things so that assisting jobs and pet jobs get our share too.

Yea support jobs are kinda screwed up, because the EXP+ISP gain is weird. Im not sure more dmg = more EXP+ISP because my RDM didn't have lots of ACC and I gained same EXP+ISP as a THF, or NIN, or BST.

Anyway, go WHM/NIN with Dual Sea Clubs (if you have them :p)

I got 700 WHM on the 2nd Round. 175 on THF on the first round and none on the third round because I lost full-screen.

Ive been to 4 besieged so far...and I net around 600 each time.

I never draw my weapon, but I usually spam ballad and curagas/cure iiis

The first 2 I went to I was not very aggressive...since lullaby usually doesn't stick so well, and just lures them to you...

The 2 today, I spammed more offensive spells since no exp loss. Roughly the same EXP/IS.

i got 545 exp and 595 imperial points once on BLM spamming Ga III then going into Manafont.

I heard they nerfed that though.

These fights were the best, it sucks that I don't have any job but BLM leveled, but I found I could still Slow and Para most mobs, as well as Stun of course, and Fire magic usually went for 400ish on the undead mobs, at least. The nerf was too harsh on single target magic, which isn't really abusable in any way.....

Still, it was a lot of fun :D

-benny

Tiizii was doing like 10-100 ga IIIs on shit lol. Just standing at the top nuking from safety. I was doing way more damage on regular mobs, but it seems like they have over 100k HP each. It's silly. I ended up getting like 700 IS and exp from it. I did notice, however, that the mobs were using Magic Defense Bonus abilities. Perhaps they need to be dispelled for full effectiveness of BLM.

SE finally nerfed BLM in one of their event and that's a very GOOD thing. All nuke went for 10 to 100dmg, when melee + En-spell went for around 100dmg and more. Melees really get lots of EXP+ISP. Fun times

I agree BLM was overpowered in Beseiged in that they could all stand on a wall and nuke down (isn't that what we're for though? Go watch the opening video... /sigh. SE can't make anything right without having to nerf a job, nothing can be natural) but it seems a bit harsh that now BLM can't even do anything, really. The way its working you'd probably get the same XP / IS if you just cured a few people, saved your mana you'd normally spend nuking, and just melee'd shit.

I was surprised I could enfeeble every single mob I engaged, i.e. Paralyze, Slow, Dispel, Dia, etc. They resisted Gravity and Sleep.

Anyway, all Dispel I've thrown were "Dispel has no effect on the XXX" meaning there was nothing to dispel. So:
1. You can't dispel them. Like the Marid and their "Def. Bonus" but Dispel has no effect even though you Dispel 1sec after they used it dispel (you can only Dispel the buffs they absorb you).
2. There was nothing to Dispel because they have a natural high Magic Def. Bonus.

I, of course, didn't dispel ever single mob, but on the first and second Besieged, I threw alot of enfeebles, and only Dispeled stuffs like Eva., Acc. Bonus, Songs, Protect, Shell, etc.
Jotaru said:
I agree BLM was overpowered in Beseiged in that they could all stand on a wall and nuke down (isn't that what we're for though? Go watch the opening video... /sigh. SE can't make anything right without having to nerf a job, nothing can be natural) but it seems a bit harsh that now BLM can't even do anything, really. The way its working you'd probably get the same XP / IS if you just cured a few people, saved your mana you'd normally spend nuking, and just melee'd shit.
Tell me how you fix (its not really a nerf, not like they nerfed BLMs in general, they just fixed Besieged's mobs Magic Def. Bonus) something like Besieged, with the ability for 50 / 100 BLMs to stand on a wall and throw Ga3 + Tier4 and ruin everything in 30sec?

Answer: there's none but to increase the Magic Def. Bonus of mobs. More HP would just mean more nuke. More mobs wouldn't work since Aga are AoE (indeed, eh). I don't see why BLMs are all sad because they can't kill 20 mobs in one wave of Aga, laughing at all the DDs anymore, who couldn't even engage anything.

I think you have a SAM75 Jotaru?
Why don't you change BLM75 to SAM75, and go have fun with your GK? :p

Last edited:
I think you have a SAM75 Jotaru?
Why don't you change BLM75 to SAM75, and go have fun with your GK?

Read what I said though, it has no real personal effect, cuz I prefer to play SAM... But its dumb that they have to nerf one job to total siht just so other jobs get more play. Do i have a better solution offhand? Not really. But that's like sayin we should all launch nukes at Russia and Iran and Pakistan because nobody has a concrete solution to world peace. Its retarded that people are excited they get to have fun while others (like Benny) who only have BLM are pretty screwed.

I always had tihs sort of feeling towards Ballista too, really. Its sposed to pit jobs together, PVP style, but they have to weaken a job first? Why not lower everyone's STR, DEX, AGI, VIT to 1, give everyone a feather duster, and only let you melee?

Lylie said:
Answer: there's none but to increase the Magic Def. Bonus of mobs. More HP would just mean more nuke. More mobs wouldn't work since Aga are AoE (indeed, eh). I don't see why BLMs are all sad because they can't kill 20 mobs in one wave of Aga, laughing at all the DDs anymore, who couldn't even engage anything.
Uh... Try doing Aga's on more than one mob... You'll see for every additional target, the damage is spread out.

You say "More HP would just mean more nukes" like BLM's have unlimited amount of MP and can throw Aga's all day without getting hate. Increasing the HP and adding a slightly higher MDB would seem more logical than having a T4 nuke that usually does 1k+ do 100 damage... Yet again, were talking about SE here.

Oh, but isn't it selfish to say that BLMs should keep their power while Melees watch you guys nuking?

I mean, what would you prefer?

1. WARs, MNKs, THFs, PLDs, DRKs, BSTs, RNGs, SAMs, NINs, DRGs, BLUs, CORs, PUPs, RDMs and WHMs (and BRDs?) with sub NIN (so 15/16 jobs) watch the BLM Army kill everything in 30sec.

2. BLMs (so only 1 job) watch everyone having fun killing stuffs.

This can be sad for Benny who has only BLM at 75 (maybe time to level a DD or support job? lol), but you guys are all sad because you can't Ga stuffs in "Besieged ONLY" (and still go Manaburn Dynamis, DM, KSNM, BCNM, and almost everything in the game).

Presonally, I prefer that 15/16 different jobs have fun over 1 job taking ALL the fun. I don't know what you think about this game's job balance, but 1 job being able to do what 15 jobs can do, but alot FASTER, and alot EASIER isn't really fair. I hope SE finally do something about it in next updates this summer. And Im not talking about nerfing BLM, Im talking about buffing all jobs so you don't see 70% of each server being BLM, and the other 30% being one of the many job the game has.

Edit for Lostsoul: BLM's MP isn't THAT big deal when you can Aspir stuffs for alot of MP. But Im not BLM, so yea...

You need to read what i said first before replying! I said to increase HP AND MDB. Just like SE did on CoP Wyrm's.

Sure, a ton of BLM's could take out of a lot of things normal, but you up the MDB like the did on Wyrms, it'd be pretty damn hard with more than one thing. Have T4 do half the damage, not horribly gimp it to do around 100...
Lylie said:
Edit for Lostsoul: BLM's MP isn't THAT big deal when you can Aspir stuffs for alot of MP. But Im not BLM, so yea...
Ok... Thundaga3 is 322MP. The avg. drain is about 100ish, if that, and if they increased the MDB... It would be less. So where's all this MP gonna come from...? Sure isn't from Aspir lol.

I agree with Lostsoul here, lol. You're looking at it as one or the other - there are many things SE could have done. On CoP wyrms, there is added magic defense; enough to prevent you from manaburning, but not stupidly nerfed to the point where BLM's are sittin at home. I don't think melees should have to sit out, not at all, but I don't think nerfing BLM's to near retardation is the answer either - you seem to think those are the only two options. You're enjoying the BLM nerf and getting to do something, and that's cool, but you're totally overlooking that this DOES exactly what you're so vehemently against - preventing people from participating at all.

Back