Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

Benny said:
The only spells an RDM normally is casting in meripo is like Dia2, Refresh, Haste, and Cures right?
Enthunder.

Heie > Ehh, I've never had to Sleep mobs before as a RDM--though I'd still have Sleep I and II. Just no Sleepga. If there are that many mobs roaming around, then maybe it's time for a new meripo because there isn't enough dead mobs.

Benny > Yeah, that's about it. That's why I loathe RDM meripo. So bloody boring. Erase would be an annoyance, but it'd be good practice for you to keep shadows up! :D Think of it as an opportunity!

Nekio > Never on me, but if it was the right level, it would be cool to enthunder the melees. I never thought of that.

Sch/rdm en-spells are really good for the melee. Enblizzard was adding 9 or 17 additional damage per hit on colibri around level 60. Our soboro sam was going nuts. ^_^ Sadly the AoE JA is level 40, so it doesn't work for /sch.

I was hoping they'd announce merits for sch and dnc, but maybe they'll announce it later.

As for these extended merits, I'm having to rethink a bit what I want. For bard I'm thinking 5 Troubadour is a no-brainer, but not sure where to go with the others (though I still want at least 1 of each).

Whm Devotion to 5 sounds amazing (10 min is much more impressive to me than the previous 15). I'd stick with at least 3 on Shell V, but I'm not sure 2 more MDB are worth giving up the other 2 JAs.

Blm it looks like it'll still be between maxing burst/freeze 2 and spreading the points around, but maybe it's worth maxing one of the two and putting 1 point in all the others?

Summoner... no change. :p

And for pup... 2 min on HP swap and 1 min on enmity swap sounds appealing, but the extra +att/m.att/def still looks tempting too. This whole category is really low priority for me atm, but I bet you could pull off some cool stuff with various combinations.

Blm it looks like it'll still be between maxing burst/freeze 2 and spreading the points around, but maybe it's worth maxing one of the two and putting 1 point in all the others?

This is really my plan, to max Burst2 and get 1 in each of the others. But it's super low priority, really, after capping Minuet, Lullaby, INT, and possibly Beast Affinity.

-benny

overwhelm times 5, win.

-ara

Sch/rdm en-spells are really good for the melee. Enblizzard was adding 9 or 17 additional damage per hit on colibri around level 60. Our soboro sam was going nuts. ^_^ Sadly the AoE JA is level 40, so it doesn't work for /sch.

They still do 9-17 vs greater colibri's in that PT where sarah went from 66-70.

Back