Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
PlayOnline said:

Several adjustments to the battle system are scheduled for the upcoming version update.

Merit Points Group 2: Maximum Raised for Ability Increases

Adjustments to the Group 2 section of the merit point job categories will be implemented in the upcoming version update.

The current total maximum ability increase of 6 and the individual maximum ability increase of 3 will be raised to match the Group 1 values of 10 and 5, respectively.

New Job Abilities and Spells

In conjunction with the scheduled job adjustments, the monk, paladin, and bard jobs will be receiving new abilities and spells.

For monks, we will be adding a new job ability that allows them to restrict their attacks to kicks only. In exchange for a penalty to attack delay, the monk receives an increase to damage and attack power, as well as a bonus to the amount of TP gained per kick.

Paladins will be receiving a new spell that increases the rate of shield blocks, as well as reflecting blocked damage back to an attacker. As with "Blaze Spikes" and "Dread Spikes," this spell will only affect the caster.

Lastly, bards will gain a job ability that allows them to limit the area effect of a song to a single target.

For example, if a bard casts "Mage's Ballad" after activating this new ability, only the selected target will receive the effect of the song.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3287/detail.html

holy crap @group2 merits.

I wonder what recast will be for the BRD JA. I can guarantee this will be useful in a million different random cases, so I hope it's like.... 1min tops. I bet 1min is right but just hoping it's not 3min.

-benny

Nice.

I might even put 1 merit into Tornado II now lol.

Slow II lv 5 and Shellra V lv 5 would be awesome =o oh and rdm should be able to hit a new tier in Bio III Merits =oooo

Devotion at lv 5 would be a recast of 7.5 minutes? x_x too many things to think about.

Nyzul bosses will be easier when Angon lasts, what, over 2minutes capped at 5?

And 10min Devo I think, Def. Still awesome. 5 devo 4 shell 1 martyr maybe...?

-benny

Oh yeah first one is 20 minutes =o

Another interesting question is, 3>4>5>6>7 or 3>4>5>5>5?

BTW notice that capped Troub will now match ES timer? {Just as planned.} hehe

-benny

The increase to category II merits is pretty awsome. I might actually work on Bio III merits if RDM can reach a new tier. :eek:

In the speels/abilities category, the ones they mentioned seemed preety neat but, to be honest, I hope there are plans for other jobs as well. After the recent omgSCH buff, knowing that another job has access to me Tier IV spells makes me feel kind of cheated as a BLM. =/

The language used makes these 3 job adjustemnts seem pretty clear that these are the only adjustments planned. Which makes me and my BLM a bit sad. ._. Hopefully they add our new fucking avatar after 50bajillion years of waiting.....

The language used makes these 3 job adjustemnts seem pretty clear that these are the only adjustments planned. Which makes me and my BLM a bit sad. ._. Hopefully they add our new fucking avatar after 50bajillion years of waiting.....

Earlier announcements have mentioned other changes to other jobs.

No word on the avatar though. They've hinted at adding more in interviews but never confirmed anything.

I think most all mages want some love after the SCH goodness.

RDM : Oh look, I have cast Phalanx, Stoneskin, and Blink!

SCH: Oh look, I can cast all that on the entire party all at once, then go take a nap while my uber DoTs waste away the enemy.

RDM: Well, I can cast Raise!

SCH: Raise 2.

RDM: I have a cool hat and hot pants!

SCH: Oh, yeah, true. *laugh*

awesome. all i can say is level 5 overwhelm = yeah, my sam weaponskills do 10% more damage. Still waiting for the nin buff tho. whats with all the pld updates lately? pld pretty damn good as it is

SCH: Oh look, I can cast all that on the entire party all at once, then go take a nap while my uber DoTs waste away the enemy.

RDM: ....Haste. SCH: /cry -benny

RDM: I has Refresh

SCH: I has a pseudo-Refresh

RDM: Convert

SCH: I ...um....

RDM: HA!

But still... sprucing up some of our oh-so-familiar casting jobs would be nice (i.e. Benny and I need METEOR!) :D

What would be REALLY cool is if the kick only JA turns off counter. That'd help ever so much with skilling up guard more easily

im really liking how this will work out for beastmaster.

FunguarFamiliar, Saber Siravarde and Pothead Bill all cap at (I think) 65 so lvl 5 beast affinity would make them 75 cap. Couple that with monster gloves. Never have to buy another expensive jug again. Cept for maybe panzer when you need something to tank but I would still use pothead bill for that anyway.

The sad thing is, after all the new jug pets, recipe changes and such, its the classics that really stick.

But still... sprucing up some of our oh-so-familiar casting jobs would be nice (i.e. Benny and I need METEOR!) :D

I agree and you're right, there are still some job-specifics out there. SCH's win out by the fact they can group cast and simply don't use MP as quickly as a RDM in a group of suicidial melees. Blinkga, Stoneskinga, then CureIV-aga... then back to nap time. SCHs don't get Haste though, right?

I still haven't tried out RDM/SCH in a meripo for Regen2... I need to.

Oh, and Meteor would rock. Pun intended. :D

actually rdm/sch would probably be amazing, especially if you can use addendum at that level to get erase (for when I inevitably get elegy on myself, i.e. every 2 minutes)

-benny

Sublimation doesn't work with refreash. And erase is 40 on sch I think. I know you don't get erase or stona with /sch. With all the buffs rdm has to do switching between light and dark arts is way too much of a headache for what good you get out of /sch. /sch isn't a good sub for rdm.

He was talking about meripo dude... you full time Light Arts, which is already enough to make it awesome, get Regen 2, get Conserve MP trait... the lack of Erase is the only problem but if the BRD is anyone but me it's probably not an actual problem (and even I can manage when I Elegy myself). The only spells an RDM normally is casting in meripo is like Dia2, Refresh, Haste, and Cures right?

-benny

Back