Apoc on Speed

Archain

Kitteh Paws
In all seriousness, what the hell is going on? How with the WS after WS after WS after WS? o_O

I'ma noob :/

Brd 2hr, troubador, double march
he dread spikes, last resort, souleater, sub samurai, meditate, hasso, got wild, and i think the hidden effect of the relic scythe is tp regen or tp drain

a bard using soul voice + troub + double march = hundred fists (almost)
really is the most awesome thing a bard could do with their 2hr, in my opinion

the bard in my party was stealing mobs from you and your relic-scythe DRK party.

did you notice any particular hidden effects then, fux?

I noticed you said he sucks. I noticed you had a party camping on top of you. I noticed your burn failed.

Jesus, everytime I see the Apoc, I can't help but think of Apocopooo

God help me

~Pitlith

Bahamut's Zaghnal

I'm wondering if something like this is actually possible with DRK/SAMs using Bahamut's Zagnal. I had never considered it before because I'd never really seen anything close to the swinging speeds reached in the video above. I was amazed at the fact that a two handed weapon could swing faster than animations would allow.

Bahamut's_Zaghnal.PNG

I'd normally think, "Bah this scythe is total ass!" and let it rot in my moghouse or something. Since it seems that grabbing one of these is much easier than actually obtaining a Kraken club, I'm wondering if you could approach close to the same speeds using this. I understand that you aren't getting the aftereffect of haste after using CATA, but this weapon might still be able to hang. You shouldn't be doing any WS at all with this weapon anyway.

Apocalypse.jpg

You're starting with a 480 Delay instead of a 513 Delay, it is a multihit weapon which may make up for it's loss of haste after the relic WS, and it's utilizing an A+ Scythe rating instead of a C- club rating.

KrakenClub.JPG

I had never taken into consideration just how powerful Hasso and Desperate Blows were. These two weapon delay enhancements sort of snuck up on me. I used to think that Desperate Blows x3 would be a waste since Last Resort is only 30 seconds anyway, but it seems like Blood Weapon and Last Resort were made for one another.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Desperate_Blows

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Hasso

I'd always considered it trash, but might be too stupid to understand what I really have. Am I totally underestimating just how powerful this weapon is?

It's not as hard to obtain that attack speed as you think Archain.

Double Attack/Zanshin aside, DRK has a decent selection of haste gear for one. Stack on Haste spell from mage, double Soul Voice March with a +2 (or 3) instrument, Hasso, and "Haste Belt" (not a belt with haste, the belt with that name) which gives the haste spell to WAR/PLD/DRK AND stacks with all the other forms of haste. Add Desperate Blows on top of that and you are pretty much Hundred Fists with a Scythe. Not to mention, the additional effect of Apocolypse WS is in fact haste, but I'm not sure if it stacks with the others or how much it is.

The first time I did Snoll I was pretty much able to obtain about the same delay with a 520 delay scythe as
if I had a 1h sword using only Haste spell, Soul Voice Marchx2, Hasso, and Haste Belt. Take away the level cap, throw on some +haste gear along with Double Attack/Triple Attack gear, Desperate Blows, and relic WS effect I'm sure you can see what that would do to further accelerate the attack speed.

Theoretically then with just Haste spell, both haste songs, and the haste belt, assuming you hit the 25% cap with equip you will be hitting the 70% melee cap before even using Hasso. That's like dagger speed. @.@

From what I can tell from those videos, he has Haste spell, double march, Hasso, and last resort on, so most likely he has Desperate Blows merited. I wouldn't be suprised if that setup would put you at the 70% cap either.

It puts you above the 70% (68.5%) cap; it seems that Hasso and Desperate Blows will allow you to exceed it.

It looks as if there are three different Haste sources though.

Equipment = capping @ 25% (CATA seems to peg this to 25% by adding 10 to 15%)
Magical = capping @ 43.5% (Soulvoiced Double March + Haste Spell)
/ja Reduction = Desperate Blows x3 (Last Resort) = 15%, Hasso (/SAM) = 10%

So, let me get this straight. Apoc lets you swing that fast (nonstop like a KC) just to gain TP and WS again to keep going and going? holy shit

~Pitlith

Not the weapon itself, I'm more interested in learning that Hasso and Desperate Blows actually allowed you to go over the 70% Attack Speed cap.

You know he's prepped with Soulvoiced March too, but at least we know that a little prep can make the two hour useful even with a two handed weapon.

It puts you above the 70% (68.5%) cap; it seems that Hasso and Desperate Blows will allow you to exceed it.

It looks as if there are three different Haste sources though.

Equipment = capping @ 25% (CATA seems to peg this to 25% by adding 10 to 15%)
Magical = capping @ 43.5% (Soulvoiced Double March + Haste Spell)
/ja Reduction = Desperate Blows x3 (Last Resort) = 15%, Hasso (/SAM) = 10%

Good god that's 93% attack delay reduction lol. A 520 delay weapon would be reduced to 36.3 delay and if wiki is accurate on 60 delay = 1 sec that means a delay of 0.605 seconds. I knew you could get it relatively low but I never had the time/merits/equip to test it like I wanted to. The only other job that I was aware of that could reach an insane delay reduction like this is NIN, which can reach close to 98% or more with the right setup, which I have tested with close to 88% reduction. (in case you're wondering, with low delay weapons this can result in a delay of under 10) It would make sense to me that SE would put a cap on the number of swings per second of single hit weapons allowing them to swing only a maximum of once per second, but on NIN the dmg flies by too fast to accurately confirm this without timing the number of hits within a minute or something.
I'm really interested in trying this out on my DRK now.
With proper planning, Kraken Club could become a junk toy in all situations now. I know the number of swings of the Kraken club excedes the attack animation, however the damage output from a great weapon would more than make up for the loss of hits especially on harder mobs.

I'm now also wondering if applications in haste abuse could make a great weapon PLD a viable tank/DD. There'd be no way in hell that PLD would lose hate lol. The only drawback I could see is the loss of a shield, which is pretty big. ><

I went and got rank 2 desperate blows th other day, so i want to try this soon if i can get a RDM or WHM to haste me. Also, Haste Belt is 10% haste and does NOT count toward 25% haste cap. So this can be taken even further than what is shown in those videos. those charges last 3min btw and the timer is back up by then.

I did about 120,000XP on Wednesday and capped out Desperate Blows, I just need a little push on SAM to make it a proper sub and I'll test this out.

Back