Anyone having POL/FFXI network issues today?

Chiiana

WHAT
FC/Active Member
I keep getting network errors/no response from server errors when I try and log onto POL today, randomly. If I do happen to eventually get through POL to the FFXI screen and try to log in, it times out while I'm on the loading screen waiting for my character to get online (which, I noticed it does get logged on, I just get stuck/timed out on the loading screen)

dunno why I'm randomly having these issues when my internet seems to be fine, i.e. I'm posting here, on messengers, etc. I thought it might be update-related, but there's no update. o.o /confuzzled

Having the same issue. Left myself up to sell some stuff and saw I dced and now I can't log on. Keeps saying there is network problems. Even tried rebooting, reseting modem, router and nothing is working.

Yeah, I'd been logged on at my mog house from last night and I did the same, restarted everything. I wonder..lol

Oh good, was worried that I was the only one. Crappy POL

Lags at Retrieving /flist ~ then again at Lobby sever. "Cannot connect to Lobby Server."

poof ~ guess I'll try again after lunch.

I'm not having this problem atm but was having the same thing happen a few days ago when I was trying to get on for sky farming. Lasted about 30 minutes and then I was able to log on.

Since UWC/FFXI Chat is back, you can check to see if the chat works. If that works, then FFXI itself is running fine, but getting through POL to FFXI... well... anyone's guess.

It seems to be a problem with people on the east coast south of the mason dixon who have comcast. My guess is a routing center for that area went down or something and pol isn't getting connection speed it likes to stay connected =/

I had major problems with Comcrap last Friday evening and Saturday mid-day. I DC'd about 20x before I finally threw in the towel Friday night and a few times during Faf on Sat.

Yeah I think it was friday for me as well Fod. Though I have Cox cable here.

Really wish people would stop saying that. You can't get it everywhere yet.

yeah, we finally just got it out here a month or two ago.

It was rather annoying because it was available a few blocks away for over a year. Technically, its two different cities and Verizon managed to get it cleared a lot faster there.

It's not in your area yet?! D:

My condolences. T.T

Nope or I would have it. My old roommate got it in his new house. His only complaint about it was that the weather effected the signal quality. Which doesn't make a lot of sense as it isn't like a satilite or radio signal but oh well. I know Fios is off the hook plus comcast just keeps sucking harder and harder everyday.

Really wish people would stop saying that. You can't get it everywhere yet.

If anyone wants, I can check to see if it's in your area, anywhere in the country. lol And yes I get paid if you sign up! :shades02:

Unfortunately FiOS will never come to Seattle. It's all around Seattle, but not in the city. Running fiber will harm earthworms, grass, beetles and such, and we can't have that here.

Back