All I have to say is WoW

And you guys thought my healing army was bad. :X

BTW: A number of years ago, I used take Pilot lessons and sunk a great deal of money into that hobby of taking 1 lesson a week for almost $200/week (plane rental and instructor). At some point, I will go and finish up my remaining solo hours and get my check ride done. (Already passed the written exam when I took ground school, but may have to retake it. :( )

That sounds fun Aang did you enjoy it a lot?

That sounds fun Aang did you enjoy it a lot?

Yeah, it was a great feeling to be able to successfully get the plane in the air and land safely at the same place or a x-country location. (required during solo flying) I hated flying through class c airspace, really took time to understand the controllers that talk so damned fast. Then you get nervous when they say expedite your course change for the 737 that wants to land and I'm flying a lowly 4-seat Cessna 172. :X

BTW: A number of years ago, I used take Pilot lessons and sunk a great deal of money into that hobby of taking 1 lesson a week for almost $200/week

Same. Nobody believes i'm a pilot, but i've the papers to show for it. I did my lessons in New Zealand back in 2000 though, and since 9/11 in the US its become prohibitively expensive, for me at least. Nothing like it in the world, though- its my one true love.

Same. Nobody believes i'm a pilot, but i've the papers to show for it. I did my lessons in New Zealand back in 2000 though, and since 9/11 in the US its become prohibitively expensive, for me at least. Nothing like it in the world, though- its my one true love.

Yeah, the same lessons that costed $200/per lesson now costs more like $300. The lessons and rental prior to 9/11 would cost 50% less than todays prices. (Insurance rates caused the rates go up, thus driving up the cost of flight training) -- That little C-152 I used to fly for $60/hour, now costs $115/hour. I love flying the newer 172's, they feel like a caddilac in the sky compared to the older 152's. (Let's not forget the GARMIN Glass Cockpits you can now get on Rental planes.)

You can take a look at my home airport, school and planes here: http://www.dominionaviation.com/ -- This is at Chesterfield Airport (FCI).

my hobby is pretty expensive as well,... Coice's mom really charges too much for what she delivers.

Funny thing is we are talking about just his monthly subscription being 5k+ a year. Lets not forget buying all games since he would need a key for each account. Or at least buy the key somehow. It also said in the artical that he had 19 machines set up. From the image they were mostly laptops. Depending what model they are and how he got them that would cost a good amount of money also. Also think how much power it takes to run 19 computers at the same time. He is most likely avg. 10k+ a year between all that.

Also, Aa - I never knew you flew. We really should hang out sometime- I'm looking at going to Japan in the relatively near future (I'm actually considering trying to take up a teaching job there).... cross country flights are amazing, the ability to just go to the airport, get in a plane, take off, and go somewhere is exhilarating. C-152 are beautiful planes, and the one chance I had to fly a 172 was amazing- those things are awesome.

Edit: I haven't seen one of the 172's retrofitted, but back when I flew I was obsessed with the whole thing, so I remember when they re-released the 172's, with the new interiors and cockpits... man did I want one bad...

Nobody knew because I never talked about it. I started my lessons when I was like 14 and yes it's sad that I'm this old and never completely finished. It was always a matter of money and time, which never seem to be in abundance.

I really liked the new 172's when they came out. It was a breath of fresh air from the old vintage 1960's and 1970's C150/152/172's. I got to fly a 182 twice in all that time and a guy at my home airport let me have the controls of a twin turboprop for a flight to the mountains... that was fun. Too bad I could not barter my way into the cockpit of a Citation or Falcon, that's what I really wanted to fly back then. I've never had the pleasure of piloting a rotorcraft as of yet... that's something I would like to do as well.

Other types that I've had the controls of are Cirrus, Mooney & a Piper Cherokee. Truly amazing experiences....

Also, Aa - I never knew you flew. We really should hang out sometime- I'm looking at going to Japan in the relatively near future (I'm actually considering trying to take up a teaching job there).... cross country flights are amazing, the ability to just go to the airport, get in a plane, take off, and go somewhere is exhilarating. C-152 are beautiful planes, and the one chance I had to fly a 172 was amazing- those things are awesome.

Edit: I haven't seen one of the 172's retrofitted, but back when I flew I was obsessed with the whole thing, so I remember when they re-released the 172's, with the new interiors and cockpits... man did I want one bad...

Back