Someone turned the Evercold theme from Minor to Major, and one section sounds eerily similar to the chorus of FF8's Eyes on Me

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Couldn't find a post about it on this sub or talked about a lot in the community, so credit to Miingno, who made a video on this:
. He changed the song from minor to major and talks about the similarities that start at around 2:04.

Here's a clean version that he also made without any voiceovers (with the timestamp to the similar part):

Here's a link to a timestamp of Eyes On Me's chorus:

Personally, I have to agree with Miingno; the chord progression just sounds way too similar and intentionally done, and even the basslines match as well. I haven't played FF8, but I'm aware that it's basically THE love story for Final Fantasy (Squall and Rinoa being the only FF couple that is the focus of a Final Fantasy logo) with FFX being a close second.

I wonder if Evercold's story will echo a more tragic spin of Squall's and Rinoa's love; if the similarity is correct, it's pretty ominous that a passionate and hopeful song is morphed to something as remorseful and depressing as the one presented in the trailer. Think that it will most likely involve these two characters from the trailer:

https://preview.redd.it/jrg0ehkp0ks...bp&s=15fa3abebd5c24dbe6af0cf4aac1143807af29f7

Wonder if anyone who played FF8 can hear the similarities as well- Either way, I feel like Evercold is shaping up to be a depressing and tragic story, and I'm always eager for FFXIV to rip my heart out. This is all theory, so interested in hearing your thoughts.

Here's one of the chorus' lyrics as well for anybody curious (probably doesn't have any direct hints to Evercold, but it is worth understanding what kind of love the song is trying to communicate):

Darling, so share with me
Your love if you have enough
Your tears if you're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice?
Just reach me out, then
You will know that you are not dreaming

There's also another post where someone noticed one of the characters having a lion adornment and scar similar to Squall, in case you're interested in trying to see any more potential parallels:
submitted by /u/soapuh
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...
 
Back
Top