Option to always display Expanded Hold Controls

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hey everyone, Hey Sqeenix,

I would like to suggest a quality-of-life improvement for controller users regarding the Cross Hotbar.

Currently, there are two very useful ways to access additional Cross Hotbar slots without manually cycling through sets with R1:

• The WXHB, accessed by double-tapping L2 or R2
• Expanded Hold Controls, accessed by holding L2 → R2 or R2 → L2

The WXHB has an option called "Always display WXHB", which allows its assigned actions to remain visible even when the WXHB is not currently being accessed.

Expanded Hold Controls do not appear to have an equivalent option. The actions assigned to L2 → R2 and R2 → L2 are only displayed while both triggers are being held.

I personally (and many Controller players I've met over the years) prefer using Expanded Hold Controls over double-tapping the triggers, so I tend to put more important actions there. It would be extremely useful to have an option to permanently display these two sets as additional HUD elements, similar to the WXHB.

At the moment, the only workaround I have found is to display regular keyboard/mouse hotbars and manually place copies of the same actions on them so that I can see them. This works as a visual reference, but the hotbars are not linked. Whenever I change an action on my Cross Hotbar, I also have to remember to update the regular hotbar manually.

Since both WXHB and Expanded Hold Controls serve a very similar purpose by providing quick access to additional Cross Hotbar actions, it would be great if both could also have an optional persistent display.

Ideally, there could simply be an additional setting similar to "Always display WXHB" for Expanded Hold Controls.

Thank you for considering it!

Continue reading...
 
Back
Top