Hello everyone! English isn't my first language so apologies in advance
FFXIV is my first MMORPG other than Warframe (which is a very different beast). I'm currently playing WHM and just finished ARR. Until then, I was running dungeons with nps because of anxiety but decided to put on big person gloves and go into duty finder.
The first dungeon, Sunken Temple (Hard), was like a dream. Everything was super easy, players were so good I actually was acting more like a sub dps. Tank was running and pulling several mob teams; I expected that, so it was no problem.
The next dungeons were different (hard Sastasha, hard Stone Vigil, Hullbreaker Isle). Tanks were running ahead and pulling ~10 mobs at a time. I was really struggling and barely managing to get heals in time. We died in one mob crowd once. The other two times were 100% on me (not managing my esunas\not knowing a mechanic)
Then I finished my day with Ultima's Bane and it was actually the most fun! The tanks were also new, and we wiped to bubbles a few times, but learning was part of the joy for me
My question is about general healer behavior etiquette. Should I just adjust to a pace the tank is setting? Is there anything I should know/do as a healer? I know about the need to DPS, not running ahead of the tank, but is there something else?
submitted by /u/Relevant-Marsupial-5
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...
FFXIV is my first MMORPG other than Warframe (which is a very different beast). I'm currently playing WHM and just finished ARR. Until then, I was running dungeons with nps because of anxiety but decided to put on big person gloves and go into duty finder.
The first dungeon, Sunken Temple (Hard), was like a dream. Everything was super easy, players were so good I actually was acting more like a sub dps. Tank was running and pulling several mob teams; I expected that, so it was no problem.
The next dungeons were different (hard Sastasha, hard Stone Vigil, Hullbreaker Isle). Tanks were running ahead and pulling ~10 mobs at a time. I was really struggling and barely managing to get heals in time. We died in one mob crowd once. The other two times were 100% on me (not managing my esunas\not knowing a mechanic)
Then I finished my day with Ultima's Bane and it was actually the most fun! The tanks were also new, and we wiped to bubbles a few times, but learning was part of the joy for me
My question is about general healer behavior etiquette. Should I just adjust to a pace the tank is setting? Is there anything I should know/do as a healer? I know about the need to DPS, not running ahead of the tank, but is there something else?
submitted by /u/Relevant-Marsupial-5
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...