It's crazy now to think about how, prior to the introduction of the Mogpendium, the only way to get a substantial amount of tomestones was by either grinding MSQ roulette or Frontlines.
I find the Minimog challenges to be very fun and they do make it feel like the community is working towards a goal together, but the stakes of it are low enough that it doesn't feel stressful or FOMO-inducing. Even in the current iteration, the fact the Uolon tokens will be purchasable in the next event removes any of that pressure.
I also like that they included non-combat goals like Ocean Fishing and Gold Saucer, it's great to see both so lively during the event.
I do sometimes think the rewards can be a bit of a hit or miss, and I hope Uolon is a sign they are moving to larger 100 rewards (though I kind of suspect the next non-expansion launch one will be an earring again).
I also wonder if this partly inspired/was a trial run for their new gear upgrade system launching in Evercold, as what we have seen from FanFest does display things like completing fates and gathering items as a means of gathering points for gear upgrade.
submitted by /u/loopdaploop
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...
I find the Minimog challenges to be very fun and they do make it feel like the community is working towards a goal together, but the stakes of it are low enough that it doesn't feel stressful or FOMO-inducing. Even in the current iteration, the fact the Uolon tokens will be purchasable in the next event removes any of that pressure.
I also like that they included non-combat goals like Ocean Fishing and Gold Saucer, it's great to see both so lively during the event.
I do sometimes think the rewards can be a bit of a hit or miss, and I hope Uolon is a sign they are moving to larger 100 rewards (though I kind of suspect the next non-expansion launch one will be an earring again).
I also wonder if this partly inspired/was a trial run for their new gear upgrade system launching in Evercold, as what we have seen from FanFest does display things like completing fates and gathering items as a means of gathering points for gear upgrade.
submitted by /u/loopdaploop
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...