Is there any functional difference between barrier/shield and health?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I'm sure this question must get asked all the time so I apologize, but I've started playing SCH and I keep hearing that they're a "proactive" healer because they have shields, which can go over max HP. Maybe this is only bc I'm lvl 50, but almost all my shield spells also heal, so it seems like it would be a waste to spend any gcd heals on someone who is already close to max just to get a little bit of overheal with the barrier. Does barrier provide damage reduction or something else that would be cause to put it on before a big hit instead of after one?

I also ask because SCH seems to have some pretty good regen tools, so I've just been waiting till the tank gets to 25-30% and using the shield as a "temp-hp" buffer while the regen heals the rest. Is this the right way to use barrier?

submitted by /u/FederalWeezy
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...
 
Back
Top