Having trouble getting into the story at the start

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Some years ago an old friend of mine suggested I should play FF14 but I've never really listened to them, I could never stick to MMOs because of their competitive nature, toxicity (funny coming from a league player) and all the FOMO that comes with not keeping up with meta and stuff (funny coming from a gacha game player), but recently I got curious about the game, looked better into it and found out that those things don't really apply here so I tried giving it a chance.

I'm currently level 20 and trying to become a summoner, and the gameplay is fun! I like pressing my buttons and watch my catgirl do magic stuff (though I don't relly like that she has to be dressed like a potato sack because better stats but whatever).

What I'm having problems with right now is the story. I know it "gets better", everyone is saying it, but I don't really want to just skip the beginning and start reading from an arbitrary point and then have to figure out what or who everyone is talking about. Also most characters feel like they'll just show up 2 or 3 times and then never come up again so I'm struggling to even remember their names because... well... they clearly won't be relevant in like 10 real life minutes so why should I? And some characters talk weird (especially pirates in Limsa, English is not my first language, I can tell what they're saying but I'm not used to reading that kind of speech so it's a bit annoying but honestly it's not even that big of a problem).

Since I've read this is kind of a shared feeling I wanted to ask for help here, what did you guys do to reach the intriguing part of the story? Are there good summaries on yt so maybe I can just skip the first chapter and catch up with the story without missing out much? I really want to read it because everyone is saying it's good and I don't want to miss out on it.

submitted by /u/HugeMeteorDestroyer
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...
 
Back
Top