Got my Legendary Crucible Clear, Lets talk Beastmaster (And Third degree, hopefully!)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Got my Legendary Crucible Clear, Lets talk Beastmaster (And Third degree, hopefully!)

Hi fellow beast enthusiasts, I wanna chat and share advice. As I've now got my <Master of the Menagerie> I feel confident enough to at least share my thoughts.

My first statement I'd like to make may or may not be already common knowledge, but pre-prepping for a fight can be really powerful! By using borrow and then swapping to your next pet, you can activate your first borrow and grab another, in theory allowing you to either stack 3 buffs and/or double up the uses of one of your borrows. Genuinely, I don't think I ever press borrow in the Crucible outside of this, but being able to get 30 seconds of Vileskin is soooo good

for anyone struggling with Crucible, I think it's important to try and lean on your pets HP as little as possible. As you get better gear, you're going to be tanking far better then your pet, and you'll find that relying on them to absorb hits will only make things harder as you go. As you go up in difficulty, you're going to be punished more harshly for doing that.

Another note, Wespe might be one of the best pets IMO. If you Final Sting at around 15-25% and you'll be able to skip multiple mechanics, it's got really solid damage and inflicts poison on it's Trick. If you have other sources of DoT/Poison (such as Seedsow or Damselfly), you can stack them for very good damage. Make Honey B. Lovely proud!

For those looking to get a legendary clear for each board, here's my general thoughts, most of which has probably been said elsewhere:

For Boards 1-3, Aim for 3 pets that match type and get your gear good and ready. I suggest running the boards on earlier difficulties to get the fights down, then run it on First Degree and you'll probably be fine!

For MB1, I'd suggest the same but specifically recommend Damselfly + Mantis + Wespe or some other bug-gang group. Bugs are good, although in this case you will see quite a few Poison immunes so you might get better use out of Worm, Diremite or Antling. Your biggest problem is going to be making sure you cross the line with enough points, so I'd recommend aiming for Walking Armory (10 Beast Gear). The other big thing is stacking HP, it really boosts your score and you can easily make mistakes but still get a Legendary clear if you're rocking 10-15k health.

For MB2, you're going to want to find your own path, but mine was the left route, then right, then right again. In simpler terms, I hit Mind Flayer > Durga > Sphinx > Gigantis > King Ahriman > Lauda. You may or may not also get Atomos, which is an easy enough fight. You'll definitely want to do the same as MB1 for pretty much all of my advice, but the crucial detail is you do not need First Degree to get Legendary on MB2. I'm sure that doing so makes it considerably less tight on points, but I got my clear on my fourth successful run (luckily stacking my HP to the moon with Genji Plate, Heroes Crown and a few other items)

Secondly, I'm really curious about everyone's favored pets for Crucible runs. Personally, I'd like to know about anyone doing Third Degree runs and what they're doing to get the clear. That being said, as lalachievements has <The Unbroken> ownership at .13%, I don't know how many people even are around to give their advice!!

If you've gotten any clears, any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Tough-Mud2374
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...
 
Back
Top