So my post on limited jobs was a partial success, let's try to spark a discussion that will probably be more interesting.
First I would like to start with my own personal history on deep dungeons.
When it was first announced in HW I was like, cool, we're getting a randomized roguelite content. And at first I was fine with it, but the more I played potd the more it was clear that something is missing. But I thought it's alright, it's the first attempt, surely they will make it better next time...
So we got HoH in SB and while they did added a little bit, the core of the content was absolutely unchanged whatsoever.
In ShB they skipped deep dungeon completely despite the ronkan place being a very obvious placeholder for one, but I would guess they saw how poorly deep dungeons are performing and decided to focus on bozja instead.
Coming back in EW, a whole expansion later with promised changes, surely after such a long time they updated the content right? No... they did not.
Then in DW we got a whole presentation and promise that they are looking into deep dungeons and how to make them better. And while they did make the overall content progression better, the core content of what deep dungeon is is still 100% the same as potd... at this point I lost all hope that people in square enix even have any sort of inspiration to create anything.
Now some of you might have guessed what I mean, others are screaming into their screen "Fox! What are you talking about?!". Firstly, thanks for using my correct name. What I'm talking about is that the entire content of deep dungeons is go in, kill mobs, move to next floor, kill mobs, move to next floor, kill mobs, move to next floor, and repeat until your brain cells die of boredom one by one. I have a sneaking suspicion that people that enjoy deep dungeons are actually just braindead because the content killed them.
1/2
Continue reading...
First I would like to start with my own personal history on deep dungeons.
When it was first announced in HW I was like, cool, we're getting a randomized roguelite content. And at first I was fine with it, but the more I played potd the more it was clear that something is missing. But I thought it's alright, it's the first attempt, surely they will make it better next time...
So we got HoH in SB and while they did added a little bit, the core of the content was absolutely unchanged whatsoever.
In ShB they skipped deep dungeon completely despite the ronkan place being a very obvious placeholder for one, but I would guess they saw how poorly deep dungeons are performing and decided to focus on bozja instead.
Coming back in EW, a whole expansion later with promised changes, surely after such a long time they updated the content right? No... they did not.
Then in DW we got a whole presentation and promise that they are looking into deep dungeons and how to make them better. And while they did make the overall content progression better, the core content of what deep dungeon is is still 100% the same as potd... at this point I lost all hope that people in square enix even have any sort of inspiration to create anything.
Now some of you might have guessed what I mean, others are screaming into their screen "Fox! What are you talking about?!". Firstly, thanks for using my correct name. What I'm talking about is that the entire content of deep dungeons is go in, kill mobs, move to next floor, kill mobs, move to next floor, kill mobs, move to next floor, and repeat until your brain cells die of boredom one by one. I have a sneaking suspicion that people that enjoy deep dungeons are actually just braindead because the content killed them.
1/2
Continue reading...