Hello, I have been having a problem with near constant skill stuttering and random skill interrupts for over two weeks now out of nowhere.
I'll press a skill, the animation and cooldown will start to roll and stop barely a second after, cutting it off abruptly. I'll be sent back to a standing position as if I never pressed it. This will even happen at the training dummy in front of my house with no player traffic. It is horrible in dungeons, bad during fates as well. Skill procs will act like they've never been pressed, even with the animation and sound effects going out multiple times.
Been getting some lag as well. People will stand in place and then teleport forward. My internet is pretty good and I don't normally have this much. Even with no lag, the skill stuttering will still happen. My pc has been running the same as always with no noticeable problems, it's only FFXIV I'm having trouble with. My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960.
There are no controllers plugged in that could be messing with the game as I'm using mouse/keyboard.
Tried:
- turning off fast startup (this reduced my memory usage by over 20% which did help a little)
- lowering graphics/shadows/textures to lowest
- reinstalling the game
- checked if both monitors have the same refresh rates
- checked nvidia driver for updates
- setting nvidia vsync to "use 3d application setting"
- setting game frame rate to 60
- different fullscreen settings (it's always been set to windowed)
Any ideas? _-_
submitted by /u/_SoElena_
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...
I'll press a skill, the animation and cooldown will start to roll and stop barely a second after, cutting it off abruptly. I'll be sent back to a standing position as if I never pressed it. This will even happen at the training dummy in front of my house with no player traffic. It is horrible in dungeons, bad during fates as well. Skill procs will act like they've never been pressed, even with the animation and sound effects going out multiple times.
Been getting some lag as well. People will stand in place and then teleport forward. My internet is pretty good and I don't normally have this much. Even with no lag, the skill stuttering will still happen. My pc has been running the same as always with no noticeable problems, it's only FFXIV I'm having trouble with. My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960.
There are no controllers plugged in that could be messing with the game as I'm using mouse/keyboard.
Tried:
- turning off fast startup (this reduced my memory usage by over 20% which did help a little)
- lowering graphics/shadows/textures to lowest
- reinstalling the game
- checked if both monitors have the same refresh rates
- checked nvidia driver for updates
- setting nvidia vsync to "use 3d application setting"
- setting game frame rate to 60
- different fullscreen settings (it's always been set to windowed)
Any ideas? _-_
submitted by /u/_SoElena_
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...