Yet Another “yet Another Collection Tracker” Post… Updated With New Features!

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
If you were around back in July, you might remember I shared a tool that I’d created to track mount and minion collections. It was pretty barebones back then, so I took some feedback and spent some time introducing new features. Today I've released the new version.

FFXIV Completionist V1.1 launched!

What is this?

It’s yet another collection tracker, for mounts and minions. I tried to distinguish it from some of the other collection trackers by adding an extra element of competition to it. You can track yourself against your friends, or against the global (people registered on the site) competition.

Mounts and minion collections are laid out in an aesthetically pleasing (especially when it’s completed) grid which greys out collectables you haven’t yet collected.

I saw the last post, what’s new? (check out the patch notes!)

• Tooltips containing extra information about collectables, including how to obtain them
  • Filters to exclude unobtainable/premium items, or focus your attention on a category
  • Some performance improvements and general admin

Special thanks to all the existing users of FFXIV Completionist, and to those who commented on the previous post!

Happy collecting!

FAQ

How do i use this?

Go here, click the hexagon with a "+" in it, and search for your character. You can also look for your friends’ characters to compare!

Why did you make this?

A combination of reasons. I’m an aspiring web developer and I wanted to try out a new web technology, with a project that I felt passionate about. I like FFXIV and it has one of the best communities of any game I’ve ever played, so I wanted to give something back to you too!

Do I need to sign up?

Nope! You can use the site without creating an account. Creating an account allows you to claim your character and be able to refresh it more frequently, and makes your character eligible to appear on the global rankings.

How can I claim my character?

Register an account, then select “link character” from the menu. Follow the instructions and you should be set! I’m looking for feedback on the ease of this process, so please let me know!

How can I help?

Share the site with your FC and Linkshells, follow the app on Facebook and Twitter, and consider donating on Patreon to help me with the upkeep costs of the site. Any support you show would mean the world to me!

Something isn’t working, HALP!

Post in this thread, tweet me, or send me a message on facebook and I’ll get that fixed for you!

I found a bug! Pls squash.

See “Something isn’t working, HALP!”.

I have an idea for a feature!

Great, please share it!!! I have a list of ideas myself. If yours isn’t already on it, and it gets strong support, I’ll definitely consider it.

This site looks garbage...

I’ll admit styling isn’t my strong suit. Top of the list for 1.2 is restyling to make it look sleeker.

This site looks extra garbage on mobile...

Responsive web design is hard, yo.

submitted by /u/lordarnold
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back