Xbox Series X|s Controller Issues On Pc (non-steam)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hey y'all! Hopefully I set this post up correctly.

I grabbed an Xbox Series X|S controller yesterday to use on my PC, kinda sorta especially for FFXIV (non-Steam version). As it turns out, the controller doesn't work properly when connected via Bluetooth. At first, the triggers weren't working at all, which was bad news for my hotbars. After installing a Windows update and a firmware update directly to the controller, the way the controller works seems to have changed a bit. The cool thing is that it works on any other games I've tried, but the bad news is that it's wonky as anything on FFXIV.

As of right now, I can't enable my L2->R2/R2->L2 hotbars (they show up blank at input), and for some reason, my camera will ever-so-slightly move when the controller's on. This is all after calibrating the controller in-game. I even got to try out a friend's X|S controller and I had the same exact issue.

The kicker is that the controller works perfectly when it's wired!

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the new X|S controllers? Does anyone have any leads on how to fix this? Since every other game I've tried works fine, maybe it's a gameside issue? Most other people I've found having this issue seems to have gotten it all fixed with the Windows and firmware updates, so I'm at a loss. :-(

Here's a link to a quick video I recorded with the issues I'm having, if anyone's curious. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/mannarise
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back