Fiko

Fikowned
FC/Active Member
1znmkd1.jpg
+
n2evxe.jpg
=
343kvuu.jpg

Moral of the story: don't buy game systems that are prone to hardware issues from ebay, especially if it's significantly less than you usually see it listed. 99.99999999% chance the warranty has been voided.

Of course, I never actually did much reading and did not know about the hardware issues until the unit was out, shipping. I blame nobody but myself on this one.

I'll be visiting my local gamestop when I get paid on monday to purchase a new one.. hopefully a model with the new jasper chips and new power supply.

For now I just do the "towel trick" which is probably just damaging the system more than it already has been.

And to top it all off, my mirror's edge save file mysteriously corrupted last night, at the start of chapter 8.

Fiko

is

driven

up

a

wall.

Ironic, I run up walls all the time in mirror's edge..

If it has never been registered or repaired before, you can get that fixed for free.

It would not hurt to try, the only pain is jumping through their support hoops on the phone and then waiting for the system to come back to you.

Good luck!

yeah i did some searching though, the microsoft seal located behind the faceplate was broken by previous owner, signifying that it's been opened, so they won't fix it even for a fee. and now i've got a very strange problem.. I don't know if it's the system or the HDD, but every time I start a new save file on mirror's edge I get problems.. after a few hours it won't save(if i'm already in game) or load if I've had it turned off for a while. I don't get it though, I can load save files from other games just fine.. but on the same token, I did a general search on google for this and nobody else seems to be experiencing this same issue as far as I can tell.. it's driving me insane lol.

How long ago did you buy it in EBay? Most states have consumer protection laws which give you time to inspect something you've bought for any defects and still have a right to return it, shouldn't matter whether you bought it on EBay or at a Bestbuy.

Garret and his long arm of the law reaching...

Back