wtf... (fishing)

Neodevilbane

Master of the Martini
(from the update page)
"With some exceptions, fish obtainable through fishing will now be bought at half the previous price by NPCs.
Conversely, the number of guild points gained per fish for Fishermen’s Guild contracts will be multiplied by 1.5, and the new point limit will be recalculated based on this new value."

---

They get us excited about interactive fishing (which should basically nerf fish botting at large)... but now fish will sell at HALF THEIR PRICE TO NPCS? They sell for barely anything as is... fishing will be purely recreational now.

- Neo

Then again, fish now bite almost every single time. If you have the patience to reel every one in, you end up with more fish (so they say...)

Loser seemed mighty mad ^^

hmm i was because i cannot catch any due to new system. But later i find it more fun and intersting because you have more stuff to do instead of alt+8 and enter :trout:

I haven't tried it yet myself... but on paper, it seems that they've done a double negative. Making it interactive in the manner described eliminates bots -- period. Problem solved. But then making fish sell for HALF to NPCs, guild included?

I know, more bites... but you also have to FIGHT the fish now. I assume this involves a bit more time. More time, regardless of more bites = less fish.

Well from what I tried I wasnt catching too much more fish in same amount of time then I normally did, and you still have to zone after 45min :mad:

And yes guild prices are down too, hell even the rewards for quests are down ... Lu Shang Quest :number1: ... anyone check yet what this is now ?

Been reading some of fishing forums and first reactions are that ppl who use life bait are happy (more catches) but ones that use lures arent, lot of break lines (could be lack of skill yet but it would really sucks to lose a rogue rig bc you press enter too soon) This could mean prices of certain foods (squid) will go up

lol..... my brother (Johnston) was having so much fun last night... when i went to fish... he likes the new fishing program.......

What i hate is when u fight some fish for 20mins cos "u have a good feeling about this one", then when u finally reel it in it's "too small for ur rod so:redflipla to u"

Personally I found the new fishing system to be pretty fun although it's probably not as profitable as it used to be.

Honestly though, with the amount of money you used to be able to rake in fishing and the massive amount of botters that seriously abused this form of making money a reduction was inevitable and it really seems like SE just got fed up.

With the new food updates, fishing on the boat is very profitable, while fishing in other places has gone down (accept for squid and sole) I actually find the new system enjoyable and yesterday I made almost 200k in a couple hours of relaxation.

Back