Wings of the Goddess?

Neodevilbane

Master of the Martini
So what is this expansion, exactly? Some kind of prequel piece? Will we truly be able to visit an alternate time/dimension in a real sense?

your guess is as good as ours. it supposedly involves time travel but no real details have been released yet.

I think theyve hinted that you can revisit the past, and there will be zones that you can explore, they will be high lvl zones as well.

I think people keep misinterpreting what was said about the zones.

They did say 30 new zones, which is equivalent to how MANY were released in the base FFXI, they never explicitly said it'd be the same zones. Of course, I imagine we WILL see a ton of the same zones in an earlier time frame (they have said it will be set during the Crystal War) but they aren't all remakes =p

I never said they were identical, I said "30 new zones to match the original" 30 zones that were in the original FFXI. Simply quoting from the interviews and available data.

I'm talkin about all the other people I've seen mention those zones.

I think people keep misinterpreting what was said about the zones.

They did say 30 new zones, which is equivalent to how MANY were released in the base FFXI, they never explicitly said it'd be the same zones. Of course, I imagine we WILL see a ton of the same zones in an earlier time frame (they have said it will be set during the Crystal War) but they aren't all remakes =p

Those screenshots sure look like altered existing zones.

Some of them are "past" versions of normal areas. Sort of like a Dynamis area only you can stay there, and there will be a home city there a la aht urghan.

-benny

Some of them are "past" versions of normal areas. Sort of like a Dynamis area only you can stay there, and there will be a home city there a la aht urghan.

-benny

That's what I mean. That's actually what I really hoped Dynamis was going to be right before it came out... like, an alternate dimension (or time, in the case of this expansion) that you can hang in and explore like anything else.

Hopefully they also make some of the new zones xp areas... I don't think we have any reason to believe they won't, with all the overcrowding these days, but I hope they don't do something in typical SE fashion that makes them just-short-of-desirable... Either by making xp there TOO good (only because it would empty out TAU zones and thus overcrowding would still be an issue) or by making just as shoddy as pre-TAU zones, in which case nobody will go there anyway. If they add in the same XP-bonus as TAU areas with ample supply of mobs, perhaps mobs that take additional Skillchain damage with higher HP to cater more to more 'conventional' PT setups, I would be overjoyed.

Back