Wii + PC

Lexa

Just call me Veronica Mars
Finally got a Wii!!! :D It's a very long story, but the bottom line is, I don't have a TV, so I hooked it up to my PC. After much fumbling, I finally managed to get everything set up so that I can play Wii through Windows Media Center. I was wondering if anyone else had done this, though?

The wiimote seems overly sensitive, and by that I mean that no matter how close or far away I stand, even a millimeter movement of the wiimote will zoom the pointer across the entire screen. It took me like fifteen minutes just to select the language, since the pointer was all over the place, and another 10 minutes to manage to select the actual game, haha. XD

unless you have a 42" PC monitor I think that's pretty typical in default settings. I'm sure there are some settings where you can adjust the wiimote sensitivity though.

-benny

Ooo, I took the time to leaf through the user manual more carefully, and found it!! :D

...now I just need to manage to select my way into that screen, lol!

It should be part of the main settings you can get to by clicking the Wii button in the lower left.

On lowest sensitivity setting it got slightly better, lol. It only took me about five minutes to spell "Lexa" for my Mii. XD Plotting in my key for my wireless network was one hell of a challenge, though. o.o;;

Fortunately it's better in the actual games, it's just in the Wii main screens and settings. :D I also bought Brawl and Mario Kart Wii, so I'd have something funny to play besides the sports. :p

Shouldn't you be saving your money so you can STAY IN THE USA?

My financial aid reapplication was approved as of two weeks ago. I'm not going anywhere. ;)

...actually, I guess I am going to Norway on Tuesday, but that's beside the point - it's only for a two-week vacation. :D

you're leaving me for two weeks? I'll be RDM75 when you get back. :p

-benny

Pfft, it'll be worth it. :p

Back