Well at least I have my Mog Satchel... *New Hackings*

Eticket

Pointy Stick
FC/Active Member
The sky is falling: player with token hacked? (lolIE) - Order of the Blue Gartr

Cliffs: A few people with tokens have been hacked

Essentially, you get kicked out of the game. When you re-log the game crashes. You just sent your POL info to the hacker and they're now able to log on with your code.

Fortunately they can't change your password or billing info but they can loot your account. However, if you never used a token in the first place, you're boned.

So here's what you do.

1) Browse safe. Firefox and AdBlock are not sure bets but they help a lot.

2) If your game crashes or you DC. Log back in with bad info. (ie: wrong code or SE password etc). If you get a POL error then you're probably ok. However, if the game crashes again then you are most likely infected.

No idea yet on how deep this goes or what the cause is. I'm not sure if antivirus or spyware would pick it up or if you need a reformat. Rumor is that there may be something in google ads on wiki. No idea yet though.

Last edited:
Good. If the damn things don't work SE can just give me the satchel I paid for... forget the token. Speaking of which has anyone heard when I can buy another since SE lost mine?

Well to be fair. With a token you just lose some gil. Without a token you wake up hungover on Hades and can't remember how you got there.

Eticket said:
Well to be fair. With a token you just lose some gil. Without a token you wake up hungover on Hades and can't remember how you got there.
Hangover part 2: ffxi world hopping?

Good. If the damn things don't work SE can just give me the satchel I paid for... forget the token. Speaking of which has anyone heard when I can buy another since SE lost mine?
I thought they were on sale again? When was the last time you checked?

Last time I tried was Saturday hmmm... I'll try again now.

I thought it had been back for a while. Maybe they are having issues because you had already purchased one? Have you tried their "Customer Service"?

Just talked to someone who apparently ordered their token last week. So I tried again and got the same message I've been getting.
Token.jpg

Only information that I put in was my POL password. I'm guessing that since I have already ordered one, regardless of the fact that I never got it, there is a flag on my account saying that I can't order one. Anyone have ideas for how i could order another? (without buying codes for another POL ID)

Just got a tell from Andrewb...

Nothing was blacked out, that's how it showed up.

I got one from him earlier just like that. That's actually what prompted trying to order a token again. My friend who order one last week asked if I had one when I told him about that tell.

I actually ended up dcing like half a second after the tell and wondered if it was related. But considering how much i've been dcing lately i am beginning to think it was a coincidence.

I'm going on 3hrs for my GM call about it. Since I've seen the name before send me tells.

Back