Waterga III and Flood no longer on Sapphire Quadavs?

Archain

Kitteh Paws
I was wondering if anyone else still farmed Beadeaux. I was farming there for a period of about two weeks to see if I could pull in a few testimonies for the Shadowreign Maat turn in (I've turned in about 13), a THF Maat fight experiment, and for a little gil. I pulled in around 1.2 Million off of the chaff there, but I did not see a water scroll of any type dropping from the Sapphire Quadavs, just Bind for the most part. I tried Oztroja and didn't have problems up there, the scrolls still dropped from the coffer tier enemies.

Do Sapphire Quadavs still drop the water based BLM scrolls (Flood and Waterga III) or am I just extremely unlucky lately? I did have a THFs Knife and Assassin's Armlets in use while farming.

Are the NMs listed for Waterga III now the only way to get that spell?

The Maat experiment failed due to a stealth change regarding ranged WS with /RNG or /COR sub @ level 0. I did this fight before using /RNG and noticed that I had access to ranged WS. I was going to use a Culverin to Slugshot Maat while under PD with Feint in effect on him. I entered and found that /RNG at 0 no longer gives ranged WS, so I just used the TP. I'm positive that /RNG used to give Ranged WS in the past because I remember considering the other jobs uses at 0 and not being able to come up with anything.

I'm pretty sure you were extremely unlucky. I don't farm there but I know that is the only place you can get water 4. (I think flood also but who knows if its in a bcnm somewhere.) Just doesn't make sense for SE to remove them from droping the scrolls.

I had wondered if that was the case. I was going to ask the people that had them up for sale on the AH and see where they got them from. I had one stretch where I had gone down there and farmed for 16 hours (while I wasn't employed) and only picked up Bind spells.

They dropped last yearish, but who knows now, SE *never* breaks or changes anything so that can't be it.

Back