Very Unstable Performance After Upgrading.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service

Hello,

After upgrading my PC, I have been facing kind of severe performance issues with FFXIV and it happens only with it. First I'll list what I have right now and from what I upgraded in the brackets with PSU being unspecified:

PSU: 650W (from 550W)MOBO: ASUS Prime B450M-K (from ASRock 970 Pro R2)RAM: 2x8GB Ballistix DDR4 3GHz (from god knows what 4x2GB ddr3)GPU: RX 580 8GB Phantom Gaming X (from GTX 750 Ti)CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (from Phenom II x4 955)

With that being out of the way, I'll explain the issue. Before upgrading, I could run FFXIV on high laptop graphics and multitask with no issues whatsoever, could even record with shadowplay. However, after upgrading, the game makes my entire PC spaz out when the graphics are high laptop or above, OBS basically dies, ReLive recordings seldom stutter, I can't stream at least 720p. Also YouTube and Discord start lagging (especially noticeable if I'm in a voice call, I tend to disconnect from it due to discord being unresponsive for too long). Overall everything in the background just starts dying, I have done stress tests and all, everything is okay with my setup, reinstalls were done and it persists. It doesn't overheat, however, I did notice something very silly - when running FFXIV on higher graphics (or even maximum), it makes my GPU fans go into hyperdrive despite the temperature lazing at around 55-60C, this game is the only time I've seen my 2nd fan activate. I do have a screenshot capturing that weird scenario, I opened GPU-Z as soon as I heard my fans through my headphones. I want to point out that I have 2 fans and 2503 RPM is a bit too much for 56C imho.

https://preview.redd.it/x2zp6ktjlh4...bp&s=c67aca0704c090579c186b2b3964870261b5a35d

Now before you ask me "Did you try this with other games?" or "Is it like that everywhere?" - NO. I have an Oculus Rift S headset and I can play VR with no issues whatsoever, I played Nier Automata with maximum graphics completely fine 60fps, I think that's enough of an example that I can run other games just fine. I have been wanting to fix this issue as I want to be able to record and sometimes stream to friends. ReLive running doesn't really affect the performance I've noticed, with or without the FPS is the same.

Lastly, today after closing down FFXIV I noticed that I had an error that looks similar to those DX11 errors (google FFXIV DX11 and look at the images). I didn't manage to capture it because I closed too fast, wasn't expecting it.

I don't understand why does my PC turn into a Pandora's Box when playing FFXIV, is the game just unoptimized to hell or do they not like the taste of an AMD?

EDIT: added perhaps an important piece of information about the DX11 error.

submitted by /u/Dswopey
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back