Vana'dielian Population Tops Two Million! (04/22/2009)

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
PlayOnline said:
4427.jpg

It is our distinct pleasure to announce that during the third week of April, the total number of active characters across all worlds in FINAL FANTASY XI has exceeded the two million mark for the first time!

Since the commencement of service on May 16th, 2002, Vana'diel has gone on to become a vibrant gathering place for adventurers hailing from all corners of the globe. Boasting four expansions and one add-on scenario with two more in the pipes, FINAL FANTASY XI continues to evolve into an ever richer realm of magic and adventure.

We would like to thank you, our fans, for your loyal patronage over the years, and look forward to your continued support for many more to come.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

500,000? I thought it would be at least 1,000,000. I know I have 2 mules. Think most people have at least 1 mule lol.

For a while I had three playable characters across three POL accounts, each with 3-8 mules. I call shenanigans.

So the census is the amount of total characters and not the amount of total accounts? That's just dumb.

So the census is the amount of total characters and not the amount of total accounts? That's just dumb.

some people have multiple active toons on the same acct. (i.e. Dad plays in the morning and son plays in the evening) Or in your case, Redd and Maerin on the same acct and are both active? lols

Let's see.. between Elvi's, Myth's, & Sass' accounts ~ I have 12 at least currently active. These numbers a skewed just a tad. Would be interesting to see how many individual owners of accounts.

haha even counting only accounts... some people have multiple accounts, sometimes just for dual-box muling lol

Wow. Picky people!

They do say active "characters" which represents actual character, whether it be a mule or not... it's still an active toon as it generates at least $1 USD/month.

Hmm. Total active toon count as of today: 17 Toons / 7 POL Accounts (2 are mule only accounts.)

So... Let's assume that each player has at least 5 toons on average. Take the 2million figure and tie that into the 5 toons per person and you get at least 400,000 people. I think 5 is a fair number, with the exception of people like myself or others with the same setup up.

For shits and giggles:

Avg of 8 Toons/person = 250,000

And if there were really 2,000,000 POL Accounts active:

Monthly income, before expenses: $25,900,000 (2,520,628,107 YEN).

yeah, that'd be nice :)

Wow. Picky people!

They do say active "characters" which represents actual character, whether it be a mule or not... it's still an active toon as it generates at least $1 USD/month.

Hmm. Total active toon count as of today: 17 Toons / 7 POL Accounts (2 are mule only accounts.)

So... Let's assume that each player has at least 5 toons on average. Take the 2million figure and tie that into the 5 toons per person and you get at least 400,000 people. I think 5 is a fair number, with the exception of people like myself or others with the same setup up.

For shits and giggles:

Avg of 8 Toons/person = 250,000

And if there were really 2,000,000 POL Accounts active:

Monthly income, before expenses: $25,900,000 (2,520,628,107 YEN).

yeah, that'd be nice :)

I want that paycheck.

Back