Update Info

Benny

{too weak}{Black Mage}
FC/Active Member
At the following time, we performed a version update of FINAL FANTASY XI.

[Affected Period]
Sep. 16, 2008 at 12:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
- Adjusted the damage resistance of "Absolute Virtue."

The following issues have been addressed:

- An issue where the damage reduction from shields had increased.

- An issue where the damage for the weapon skill "Atonement" was incorrect when wearing certain equipment.

- An issue where white magic like "Erase" was unable to remove the effects of the Ranger job ability "Shadowbind."

Baibai AV kills!

-benny

Also, forgot a sec but, I was surprised to see they didn't do anything about the interesting bug regarding charm duration from enemy abilities. It's a good time to farm that salvage run with FORGs, ppl :) (zhayolm?)

-benny

The frog charm wasn't unusual for us on Monday's Zhayolm. :(

The frog charm wasn't unusual for us on Monday's Zhayolm. :(

I believe the charmed people have to be within melee range on whoever is their target, and attempt a melee attack, for the bug to kick in. That may account for what you saw?

-benny

He's now weak to blunt and slashing but strong as hell to piercing.

>.> That would be my luck anyway.

No attempts have been made yet, so there isn't any info.

Post from BG to further explain the glitch Benny mentioned.

seia:
For what it's worth; Frog Chorus is still "nerfed" after September 16th patch.

To clear up if you haven't read; if a charmed PT emmber hits a anon-charmed PT member they instantly uncharm. So for an easy time with Frog Chorus just have your mages more than 20' away from madame, and get hit on purpose by the charmed PT members so they instantly uncharm.

Well well well. Guess no AV zerg fun for us. It was mentioned that some LS back in the day got AV down to ~70% by just SC/MB method, before he SV'd and wiped everyone.

='( why are they so anal about killing him their way.... He's been out for a long time now, I'd like to start seeing ls's able to take him out w/out SE gettin all huffy and gimping it putting every1 back at square 1

='( why are they so anal about killing him their way.... He's been out for a long time now, I'd like to start seeing ls's able to take him out w/out SE gettin all huffy and gimping it putting every1 back at square 1

They never messed with Bahamut v2 after the melee burns.. nor Kirin... then players do it with AV and they're like "OH NO THAT'S OUR BABY, YOU CAN'T DO THAT" nerf!

Yeah good point. Oh well, I blame Sojourn.

lol nice avatar faye

AV was not nerfed. It was buffed. Why does everyone say nerfed?!

haha the term "nerf" is used way too commonly in relation to ffxi updates.. suppose it's more habit.

Back