Adding to the list of growing connection issue reports from the SEAsian region. My friends and I are based in Malaysia (all playing on Aether) and we have all been encountering the same connection issue, where we will suddenly be disconnected from the server with little/no prior warning despite stable internet connection.
Below are the details:
- No VPN is being used (using VPN helped to reduce the frequency of this disconnection, but the issue still occurs even so)
- I am using a wireless connection. My friends however are using wired.
Are you using a VPN?
- I play on Windows
- The issue occurs with multiple characters for me (both my Aether and Crystal charracters)
- I have been disconnected midway through dungeons, at the start of Trials, partway through MSQ cutscenes, partway through Job Quest Instances. Sometimes even while traveling in the world map.
- I've been getting disconnected at least 3 times each night
- I do not run any other programs while playing, except for Discord
Internet Service Provider: Unifi TM
Region/State: Malaysia
I hope this issue can be addressed, as information from various mutuals from Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore have reported similar connectivity issues across various data centers (EU, NA, and JP all similarly affected)
Continue reading...
Below are the details:
- No VPN is being used (using VPN helped to reduce the frequency of this disconnection, but the issue still occurs even so)
- I am using a wireless connection. My friends however are using wired.
Are you using a VPN?
- I play on Windows
- The issue occurs with multiple characters for me (both my Aether and Crystal charracters)
- I have been disconnected midway through dungeons, at the start of Trials, partway through MSQ cutscenes, partway through Job Quest Instances. Sometimes even while traveling in the world map.
- I've been getting disconnected at least 3 times each night
- I do not run any other programs while playing, except for Discord
Internet Service Provider: Unifi TM
Region/State: Malaysia
I hope this issue can be addressed, as information from various mutuals from Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore have reported similar connectivity issues across various data centers (EU, NA, and JP all similarly affected)
Continue reading...