Ui Battle Accessibility (raid)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I might be the only that has this issue. I would really like to have the option to turn off battle damage numbers that aren't my own. And some other QOL issues.

I play on a PS4 with a 65" 4K LCD with my HUD at minimal amount of crowding. The damage numbers from a raid drive me crazy! As far as I know you can't even turn them off all together does anyone know? I feel that i'm just constantly looking at the hotbars and most of my attention should be on the fight. But then the numbers drive me crazy and I find myself looking down again. UGH!

I'm asking to turn off party members damage numbers, or select certain members I would like to see.
Example: Critical's move upwards, normal skill damage right, and DOT damage move left? or really any combination. Change the colors of the numbers? Size (more then current)?
It's probably a knit picky thing, but it has bothered me since I started raiding in ARR. I don't need to see a ba-zillion numbers popping up from a boss/mob.

Other HUD QOL: don't have Macro sets rely on echo's to tell me something. Have an actual heartbeat on when a skill embedded in a macro is ready, and have an option to let me know when it's ready. This can flash on the screen somewhere I desire.

Example: Fight or Flight ready! and this can be placed anywhere I desire, and have a set of options for sounds, Fast or long alert, Size or even put a little halo around icon I deem important.

Furthermore: add option to allow others in on my key information if desired.

Example: I select the healers for an option to let them know my Hallowed Ground has just been used. This would prompt them to DPS more, and I don't have to do a party chat option letting everyone know. They just ask me "Hey let me know when you use Hallowed Ground, ok?" All i have to do is link that macro to party member and it automatically sends them a notification, and they can have the option to take all notices as on screen alerts.

The possibilities are endless. I know others will say "OMG just look at the party panel list and you can, or focus target!" I know but i'm talking about making something better with more options. I feel FFXIV excels at that anyway.

I don't know it's would be great for more accessibility options.

Continue reading...

Back