Tips For New Healer/level 50 Ast?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hi, not sure if this is the best place to ask but can any healer/AST mains share some tips for performing the role/job effectively at level 50? I'm a DPS main and always wanted to increase my versatility, so I unlocked WHM to try healing, eventually swapping to AST as soon as I reached Heavensward and loved it.

I don't know what my problems are, but nearing lvl 50 and jumping into a couple dungeons (Aurum Vale, of course lol and Stone Vigil Hard) I was having a hard time keeping my party members alive. The runs were so bad I feel like my party must hate me, and that maybe I'm too slow, and panic too much to play this role :(

Really love AST though, and don't want to give up but I'm scared of anything 50+. Asked my FC members for help, but nobody seemed interested in my predicament so hopefully someone can help me here. As this is my first MMO and I've only ever played DPS, I've been playing AST heals with these in mind:

- Applying Diurnal Sect regen on tank and begin casting Benefic at about 75% HP
- Essential Dignity and Benefic II are emergency heals when party member health drops considerably
- Helios and Aspected Helios available for patching party up post enemy AOE
- Lightspeed when crap hits the fan
- Swiftcast Ascend when someone dies
- Use Lucid Dreaming once MP drops below 75% at any time
- Esuna the debuffs away, especially poison, slow, paralyze, etc.
- Buff party members with cards (have not been able to even think about collecting the necessary seals for Divination as I'm too busy desperately healing!)
- DPS when possible, but this has been rare 50+
- Not to mention positioning, I am working on standing near everyone but sometimes they are so far away when they need the heals!

If there is any wisdom you can share that I am missing, maybe I can go in again with a better perspective of how to keep everyone from death and hopefully fewer wipes.

Really grateful for any insight, thank you orz

Continue reading...

Back