One of the promises of Evercold was that the maps will be as big, if not bigger, than previous expansions.
But is a bigger map really a request by the community, or is this just something they do to challenge their previous records?
I don't really enjoy huge maps. You just have to push your "W" key (or analog stick) or click on your autorun for longer durations. You sit there waiting until you get to the next FATE or hunt mark. It's immersive the first 20 times, sure, but doesn't it get old after a while?
Now housing and towns are always nice, I love to see the intricate details in a village. But I'm talking about just empty space where there's a new coat of paint enemy sitting on a hillside that doesn't affect the story or the immersion.
Do you enjoy large maps like in Dawntrail? Or do you prefer smaller maps like A Realm Reborn?
Curious to hear your thoughts!
Continue reading...
But is a bigger map really a request by the community, or is this just something they do to challenge their previous records?
I don't really enjoy huge maps. You just have to push your "W" key (or analog stick) or click on your autorun for longer durations. You sit there waiting until you get to the next FATE or hunt mark. It's immersive the first 20 times, sure, but doesn't it get old after a while?
Now housing and towns are always nice, I love to see the intricate details in a village. But I'm talking about just empty space where there's a new coat of paint enemy sitting on a hillside that doesn't affect the story or the immersion.
Do you enjoy large maps like in Dawntrail? Or do you prefer smaller maps like A Realm Reborn?
Curious to hear your thoughts!
Continue reading...