The Next Caster

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I've been thinking about this for awhile but I wanted to do a forum post and just share it. What would be the next caster?

Its kind of hard trying to pinpoint a job from the other games because some are just too gimmicky and would not work in a MMO. Usually in Final Fantasy the main casters are Black Mage Summoner Red Mage and Blue Mage and they're all in the game and Blue Mage being a limited job.

There are some jobs people mention but I don't think it could work out. Geomancer is already in the game just not playable and its pretty much the Othard verison of Conjurer and Time Mage is kind of already mixed in with Astrologian. There are some jobs that appeared in one or two games like Necromancer but I don't think that would fit in 14.

The only job I think could work at this point is Mystic Knight/Spell Fencer/Rune fencer the whole applying magic to your blade class. Usually I would think it wouldn't work just because Red Mage kind of has some melee already and casters are ranged classes but I don't think it does enough with it and after awhile I just thought "Why not just make Spell blades a Magical Melee class? we do have three physical and three magical DPS already and only four melee DPS so it wouldn't be that odd to get another melee to even out the numbers and it probably leave Spell Blades to be one of the more interesting jobs in the game"

I'm not sure how they would do it but I think they could and at this point its either that or make a brand new Final Fantasy job. What's your take on this?

Continue reading...

Back