The Myriad Arms of Balrahn, cont. (07/29/2008)

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
PlayOnline said:

The next version update brings with it a number of additions and adjustments to the highly anticipated "Myriad Arms of Balrahn," those mysterious weapons of myth and legend.
PlayOnline said:
The next version update brings with it a number of additions and adjustments to the highly anticipated "Myriad Arms of Balrahn," those mysterious weapons of myth and legend.

Arms of Balrahn Quest Adjustments

One of the uncountable legacies left by that most famous of Aht Urhgan emperors, Balrahn, was his unparalleled collection of what have since come to be known as "Mythic weapons." Much like their Dynamis counterparts, the relic weapons, these weapons were designed with the intention of being markedly difficult to obtain, as befits their value as prestige items. There are several points of departure between the two weapon groups, however, including both the series of questlines required to procure them, as well as the weapons' attributes themselves. Whereas the successful upgrading of a relic weapon demands that a player repeatedly participate in Dynamis runs, and subsequently requires a potentially large sum of gil, the mythic weapons are tempered by players fulfilling a series of conditions over a prolonged period of time. Though the means of acquiring relic and mythic weapons may differ greatly in many respects, a number of factors were taken into account before the introduction of the latter to ensure that the eventual time required for obtaining them would be roughly equivalent.

That being said, it has since come to our attention that one of the prerequisites, namely that concerning the amassing of alexandrite, has greatly surpassed the original intentions of the development team. At present, the number of pieces of alexandrite required is recognized to be in excess of a reasonable amount.

A general survey was conducted to ascertain several important facts regarding Salvage and the alexandrite drops within. These included, but were not limited to, considerations such as how many instances of Salvage were being run by players, which routes were being taken and which enemies fought most frequently in each area, and an overall gauge of player progression through Salvage. From this data, an estimation was extrapolated of how much alexandrite would drop server-wide on any given day. Following the introduction of the mythic weapon quests, we were able to confirm that the alexandrite drops were occurring on a par with what was assumed would be the case. The overall amount available for distribution, however, was judged to be overwhelmingly lacking.

In response to these findings, the version update will usher in a reduction to the total amount of alexandrite necessary for the completion of the mythic weapons. Also, new means of obtaining alexandrite will be introduced in an attempt to ease the gathering process.

3520_3.jpg

Arms of Balrahn Quest Additions

Supplementing the amendments listed above, the coming version update will also introduce a new battlefield to round out the Arms of Balrahn questline. Victory in this battlefield, along with successful completion of the relevant quests, will cause the mythic weapons first obtained in the ruins of Nyzul Isle to transform, recalling their original powers and rendering them capable of devastating new job-specific weapon skills.

These weapon skills will also be obtainable by players not in possession of finished mythic weapons via completion of weapon skill quests, also new to the upcoming version update. Once unlocked, they will be available for use whenever a player equips a weapon of the same type on the appropriate job. Though the destructive power of the attacks themselves will remain unchanged regardless of the quest completed to obtain them, only execution with a mythic weapon will grant the powerful Aftermath effects. The new weapon skill acquisition quests were developed with the aim of affording all players the ability to enjoy some the exciting new content we have planned, while at the same time not diminishing the value and prestige of the completed mythic weapons. Whichever path you may choose to embark upon, we wish you the very best of luck on your adventures!

3520_6.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3520/detail.html

Ooo.. so Nyzul to 100 to get the weapon then just a few quests and a BC fight? That doesn't seem so bad... unless those "few quests" still require collecting 50,000 Alexandrites or parachuting from {sky} and landing on a Chocobo, then riding to all cities in 0.0032 seconds.

Ooo.. so Nyzul to 100 to get the weapon then just a few quests and a BC fight? That doesn't seem so bad... unless those "few quests" still require collecting 50,000 Alexandrites or parachuting from {sky} and landing on a Chocobo, then riding to all cities in 0.0032 seconds.

the requirements as of now that we know

Captain (to start the quest)
Nyzul relic + Runic Key (100 Floor clear key item)

Defeat Odin
All 3 ToAU Beastmen King kills
All 4 Salvage Boss kills

A repeat of every Assault clear
A 100k ampoules (Einherjar) item
A 150k Nyzul token item
? Alexandrite
(It's not known how many of those last four requirements need to be met.)

YAY new WS quest. I know i wont get a nyzul group so at least i can look forward to a new ws quest.

@Tarn - Haha true.

lol good, i can live with a quest for new ws's!

-ara

From several sources, it sounds a lot like you still need at least the floor 100 weapon to open the WS quest. It wasn't clear to me if it was confirmed or not, but it sure sounded that way.

-benny

These weapon skills will also be obtainable by players not in possession of finished mythic weapons via completion of weapon skill quests, also new to the upcoming version update. Once unlocked, they will be available for use whenever a player equips a weapon of the same type on the appropriate job.
Yeah, reading that again, that's what it sounds like. "not in possession of finished mythic weapons"

Ugh. Good bye cool rose WS. :(

On a side note, the rose WS and sword pictured is the RDM mythic... so when do RDMs get cool demon hats and what looks like Askar gear?

Then again, they did say that 'most' characters would be able to access the new WS's. I don't think most people even do Nyzul, do they?

Then again, they did say that 'most' characters would be able to access the new WS's. I don't think most people even do Nyzul, do they?

Any group of six capable players can do Nyzul, it's not really that much of a requirement.

Damn, I really am wanting Nyzul group, but man is that going to burden my AP for salvage.

Well id only do a few nyzuls as opposed to assaults for salvage at least 3-4 tags a week need to be for salvage the other 3-4 can be nyzul

I'd join your nyzul group too tarn.. haha. So long as it's not too late, let me know if you're serious :bfg:

Salvage not an issue since everyone I know that goes, goes too late for me usually :(

Then again, it would be nice to do some assaults too.. still only SP rank.... lol

still only SP rank.... lol

Let me know if you want to do assaults. Unless I tag along on someone's Nyzul runs, my tags just sit and rot each week. I'm SP too. :)

Doing Nyzul and still maintaining points for Salvage is possible since we only do Salvage 3 times a week, though it really helps being First Lieutenant or Captain, since the FL Assaults always give 1500 points - more for whoever has the band. I like farming the Hydra one for points, it's so freakin' easy.

Well then invite me to it lexa ya jerk lol. If people post name/jobs availibility we will see if we can get us a nyzul together ok? :D

Tarnak: 75 THF/ NIN/ BLU 73 BST Mainly available currently on tuesdays fridays and afternoon saturdays. The other days have events.

Back