The most convoluted payment process ever.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I am a legacy player who started playing on switch 2 when the game came out on the platform. Today I had the pleasure of dealing with the most convoluted subscription process imaginable. Bought 750 coins from nintendo Eshop, closed my game reopned client and the coins were added to my account but I still could not access the game thru switch 2. You have to log into the mog station, click the drop down menu for "switch 2" and then click the giant ffxiv coin payment button. Everything I had read online said it would be 750 coins for STANDARD TIER which I am so I bought 750 coins ofc. I went to redeem said coins and it takes 500 total. So after being on support chat for the last hour asking every question I can here's the take away.

Any player with a current subscription to ffxiv who also subs to play on switch 2 will get a full 50% discount on ALL switch 2 subscriptions whether it be 30 or 90 day subs.

I'd like to suggest that Square Enix gives an option for 180 day subscription for switch 2 like they do for the other platforms because having to pay for 90 days on one platform when I pay for 180 days on PC is a bit ridiculous imho.

Special thanks to Shan on the ffxiv support team for all of the help in clearing up the confusion I had regarding the process of subbing for switch 2. At least you guys have real people and not just AI garbage like WoW does for support.

Continue reading...
 
Back
Top