The Beta Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'll try parsing unfiltered in Besieged to see if I can reproduce this.

If it can stand up through that, I don't know what can drop it, lol.

Im so going to fucking try that now. I have faith, I didn't see it drop in Dynamis and I always run that unfiltered, lol.

I decided to make a fairly major change to the way logging works. This is because logging is not scaleable at all with the current system, and any significant size parse takes a ton of time to load, which basically negates the usefulness of the Continue feature. If you're still testing different things don't stop, I'll post again when I finish this, and put the new version up.

A new build with reworked logging is up. Two noticeable changes:

1. When you start or continue a parse, you will notice that the status bar below does not contain the extension of the file. This is intentional, because it is transparently logging two separate files. One is a .dvsc file (Dvs Chat). It is exactly the same as the file currently being logged. The second is a .dvss file (Dvs Statistics). It is a text/binary conglomerate that can be loaded extremely quickly, regardless of the size of the parse. The advantage of a dvsc file is that it is forward compatible. With any change that I make in the parser to add new features such as magic, etc when you load it from a .dvsc file it will completely reparse the chat file and you'll see all of the new features supported with your old saved chat logs. The disadvantage is it takes fucking forever to load large parses. A dvss file on the other hand, has the advantage of being super fast to load, no matter how large the parse. The disadvantage is that it is not loadable at all with future versions of the parser, and also it does not store the actual chat log. Only statistics.
  2. From the Load/Continue Saved Parse menu, you will have the option to filter on .dvsc files or .dvss files. When you continue a parse, whether you continue it from a .dvss or a .dvsc it will always append to the .dvsc, and overwrite the .dvss. It may seem confusing, but in practice I think it's pretty intuitive and you'll get used to it.
I don't know if this is the best way to do it, it seems a little strange that every single parse generates 2 log files, but for now this seems like the way to go, at least until i get more feedback from a release and decide on a better method.

To those who have a beta copy, please re-download from the same location. For those who have the source, that's also updated in the same location as last time, and with the same password on the zip.

I had a pretty good chance to mess with it on Friday and have the output saved. It had no errors while running and remained stable the entire time.

The only time so far that I've been able to crash it was when I was attempting to use it while I was starting to R0. Even when it did crash, I could bring it right back up again and continue from where the parse left off.

Since I can't seem to crash it (not a bad thing) I'll pop a few questions about the outputs when I get a parse export up here. The party I was in had all three damage types, I think most of my questions will be with regards to the ranged ones and which fields get selected for export.

With regards to which fields get selected for export, there's two cases:

Case 1: You have every checkbox unselected in the "Select Report Fields" dialog.
Case 2: You have at least 1 checkbox selected in the dialog.

In case 1, it selects a set of default fields for you, just stuff that I determined in advance were fairly common.
In case 2, it selects exactly the same fields that you selected.

Eventually it's possible to save every field, and write a little drop down box to the Html that allows you to change what you while viewing the export.

Next time you mess with it, make sure you're using the latest versions. The main that needs to be re-tested is the logging and the correctness of all the text fields on the status bar since I totally changed all that. All the rest of the code is more or less unchanged.

I told Kalia already, but my findings changed a bit after I talked to him.

While exping on trolls, I initially noticed that WS for 0 DMG (yay for Diamondhide) were not being recorded in WS hi/low. I related this to Kalia. I was looking at the parser again right before I logged and it was now showing that one pt member had a WS for 0 while the others did not. There's the additional info part. Other than that this rev of the parser seems stable for me and is really nice for a melee pt. I picked on poor JGP all night because my kitty monk was doubling his Elf monk's DPS. Had a blast! =)

I picked on poor JGP all night because my kitty monk was doubling his Elf monk's DPS. Had a blast! =)

Good thing JGP doesn't have the beta, he would probably claim it's a bug!

That being said, did you test saving/loading of both .dvss and .dvsc files?

If it can stand up through that, I don't know what can drop it, lol.

Im so going to fucking try that now. I have faith, I didn't see it drop in Dynamis and I always run that unfiltered, lol.

lol let me know the results. The only thing I can think of that will drop the parser is receiving more than 100 lines of chat in a .7 second time interval. As long as NumberOfIncomingLinesPerSecond is always less than 142 the parser should in theory never miss one.

Aa found a bug tonight where the parser would just stop parsing after a while. The following showed up in debug.log

12/12/2006 12:58:11 PM - DvsChatmon_5: ERROR: Exception encountered while processing lines from chat log. Exception=System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at DvsChatmon.MonitorThread.StringToChatLineInfo(String Line)
at System.Array.ConvertAll[TInput,TOutput](TInput[] array, Converter`2 converter)
at DvsChatmon.MonitorThread.ThreadStart()

This tells me exactly where the problem is happening, it doesn't tell me exactly what is happening. A new version was built to print a more detailed error message when this specific error occurs, same URL as always. No changes were made whatsoever other than this more detailed error, so no need to retest anything else.

ehh... In case anyone /pokes at the date stamp on that log... the computer I was on is set to JST. That was actually done at 10:58 PM EST 12/11/06.....

But anyway, yeah it did that twice.... I had to stop and restart the parser to get it to start showing results.

If you can repro that with the new version it would really help. Unfortunately the error happened at an early stage in the processing of the line, before it had a chance to be logged to the dvsr file. I can see the line that happened immediately before the line that caused the problem, but not the line that caused it :(

I can just ignore the error (which would result in the problematic line being missed) but I'd kind of like to know what's happening, and only way is reproducing it with the new version.

From a wild guess, it almost seems like the chat log contains invalid data, or at least data in a format I've never seen before, but hard to tell.

I don't guess you happen to "remember" the line you saw it on do you? >.>

There was a pol update and it broke something for me so kind of hard to test :x

the game.

Repeatedly get this error parsing Dynamis and the parser stops parsing:

12/13/2006 5:51:58 PM - Clearing all parse data.
12/13/2006 5:51:58 PM - Clearing all parse data.
12/13/2006 5:51:58 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Monitor thread started.
12/13/2006 5:51:58 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Attempting to connect to Final Fantasy.
12/13/2006 5:51:58 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Module FFXiMain.dll Base Address = 14E0000
12/13/2006 5:51:58 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Success attaching to Final Fantasy XI process!
12/13/2006 5:51:58 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Dereferencing chat pointer.
12/13/2006 5:51:58 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Dereferencing chat pointer.
12/13/2006 5:51:58 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Monitoring...
12/13/2006 5:51:59 PM - Creating log dump file at C:\Documents and Settings\Fodder\Desktop\DvsParse-1.0\Dumps\ChatDump--13_12_2006--1751.
12/13/2006 6:11:59 PM - DvsChatmon_3: ERROR: Exception encountered while processing lines from chat log. Exception=System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at System.Array.ConvertAll[TInput,TOutput](TInput[] array, Converter`2 converter)
12/13/2006 7:30:36 PM - Clearing all parse data.
12/13/2006 7:30:36 PM - DvsChatmon_5: Monitor thread started.
12/13/2006 7:30:36 PM - DvsChatmon_5: Attempting to connect to Final Fantasy.
12/13/2006 7:30:36 PM - DvsChatmon_5: Module FFXiMain.dll Base Address = 14E0000
12/13/2006 7:30:36 PM - DvsChatmon_5: Success attaching to Final Fantasy XI process!
12/13/2006 7:30:36 PM - DvsChatmon_5: Dereferencing chat pointer.
12/13/2006 7:30:36 PM - DvsChatmon_5: Dereferencing chat pointer.
12/13/2006 7:30:36 PM - DvsChatmon_5: Monitoring...
12/13/2006 7:30:39 PM - Appending log dump file at C:\Documents and Settings\Fodder\Desktop\DvsParse-1.0\Dumps\ChatDump--13_12_2006--1751.
12/13/2006 7:32:44 PM - Clearing all parse data.
12/13/2006 7:32:44 PM - Clearing all parse data.
12/13/2006 7:32:44 PM - DvsChatmon_6: Monitor thread started.
12/13/2006 7:32:44 PM - DvsChatmon_6: Attempting to connect to Final Fantasy.
12/13/2006 7:32:44 PM - DvsChatmon_6: Module FFXiMain.dll Base Address = 14E0000
12/13/2006 7:32:44 PM - DvsChatmon_6: Success attaching to Final Fantasy XI process!
12/13/2006 7:32:44 PM - DvsChatmon_6: Dereferencing chat pointer.
12/13/2006 7:32:44 PM - DvsChatmon_6: Dereferencing chat pointer.
12/13/2006 7:32:44 PM - DvsChatmon_6: Monitoring...
12/13/2006 7:32:45 PM - Creating log dump file at C:\Documents and Settings\Fodder\Desktop\DvsParse-1.0\Dumps\ChatDump--13_12_2006--1932.
12/13/2006 7:46:08 PM - DvsChatmon_6: ERROR: Exception encountered while processing lines from chat log. Exception=System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.

-.- Yea, that's why I made sure to say to try it with the newest build, because I put better logging in there to try to identify what was causing that. This is the only issue I think holding up the release, I may have to find some time to log in and figure it out myself. The above logging looks like not the newest build though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back