The Beta Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked great in Dynamis. I started it before we entered and stopped it afterwards.

I've got a sample of the output below. It includes a sample of your droplog.

http://www.infieldpress.com/parser/1-Parser Logs/SavedParse--14_12_2006--0011.html

Sarahlynn started messing around at the end, lol.

MS%20-%20Vanguard%20Defender.JPG

Last edited:
Ok I finally fixed this bug. I found that if you talk to Sharin-Garin (the runic portal NPC) and ask about runic portal usage, you'll get this error consistently right when he tells you how much Imperial standing pionts you have. It turned out to be a chat log header format I've never seen before, and which is apparently ridiculously rare. Release is imminent :D

Fixed an error where the parser wouldn't work it Started before FFXI was launched. Fixed another where the status bar text was incorrect after clicking an item from the menu.

If either of those issues affected you you can download the newest version (replace RC1 with RC2 in the previous URL), but it's not really necessary unless you need it, since nothing else was changed. I was going to release it this week, but the update next week is going to break it so I'll wait until then so I can patch the memlocs and then release next week.

I crashed it tonight in Dynamis. When lines come in faster than 100 lines every 1.4 seconds it will crash. Also when loading a saved parse which has statistical data for more players than will fit on one screen it will crash. Fixed both of those already, but haven't uploaded a new build yet. There's another bug where occasiosonally lines will come across with a bunch of junk in them, the parser will detect an error, and the line will get dropped (parser recovers though and gets the rest of lines with no problems). It's rare though, only happened once during all of dynamis, which totalled about 5k lines. So I estimate less than .1% of all lines will be dropped due to this bug. Also it isn't critical since it doesn't cause a crash, it only results in that one line not being taken into consideration by the parser. Aside from that I'm still on schedule for a release right after the update.

Last edited:
/sweets I've been followin' along this post, and it sounds like you have a great product Kal. Can't wait to check it out.. GJ man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back