That shirt is inappropriate for work!

Fiko

Fikowned
FC/Active Member
As some of you may know, I work at an inbound call center. I've been working here for about two years now. Pretty laid back job, despite the amount of rules they have. I just go with the flow, don't really get in trouble, I do what's expected of me. But this really irked me.

At my job, we have t-shirt Fridays.. I usually wear a plain old t-shirt.. nothing fancy.. no designs or pictures.. just a regular old t-shirt. Well, I just went to Otakon last weekend so decided to wear the t-shirt I bought there.

This is the back of it:

Otakon_09__T_Shirt_by_UdonCrew.jpg

Early that day I was talking to the human resources person, and he complimented me on it, and we started talking about Otakon and other conventions and such. So yeah, he was cool with it, didn't say anything to suggest there was anything wrong with this shirt.

Now, halfway through the day, the manager of the supervisory team stands behind me while I'm taking calls. I hear her say "that's inappropriate" but wasn't sure if that was aimed at me or something she heard someone say. She walks away. Next thing I know, one of the supervisors calls me up, so I go see her.

"Can you do me a huge favor?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Can you go and turn your shirt inside-out? The back of it has a girl in a bikini, and that's not appropriate.."

She kept apologizing when she saw how upset/angry I got about this, she obviously thought this was stupid as well, but she had to do it.

Just seemed stupid, plus I'm sitting down all day, very rarely are you even going to see the back of my shirt. Out of all the shirts I've seen people wear on Fridays, I'm surprised I got in trouble for this. She didn't note it or anything, was nice about it.

The funny part about the whole thing is that HR didn't care, and they set forth those types of rules.. but she did.

A friend of mine was joking about this, entertaining the idea of wearing a Wonder Woman shirt next Friday to see if she'd get in trouble for that as well.

Need I mention, this management supervisor also does not seem to like me. She plays favorites, and lets just say I'm not one of them. She had just got promoted (for like the fourth time), used to work in the QA department and would review my calls. She just generally has this "i don't like you" attitude, never responds to my emails, stuff like that.

She's not the head of the company or anything, just manages the supervisory team to make sure they're all on the same page and such. Beginning to hate this job even more than I did before.

Tell your supervisor, "YOUR FUCKING FACE IS INAPPROPRIATE!"

Sorry, violent anger injection again. I did use it to complain on a fast food restaurant this time though. Not cursing directly at the staff this time, I did it through their website, lol. I actually look semi-sane when I'm writing out a complaint instead of frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog.

I have this weird feeling, for some reason, that people really get a kick out of it when I am angry. I'm not sure if it's because they want to live through me (because they feel the same anger) or if they want to see how far the crazy man will go.

lol, if only I could get away with that without a write-up.

but yeah i'm not even there and i'm already getting a kick out of your angry-stories. lets see some video footage!

I'd have to say they probably want to see how far the crazy man will go.

I have this weird feeling, for some reason, that people really get a kick out of it when I am angry. I'm not sure if it's because they want to live through me (because they feel the same anger) or if they want to see how far the crazy man will go.

I do, but just because I only know you in passing from FFXI, and when we've spoken ingame, it's always involved multiple uses of the word "kitteh." And the idea of a man who says "kitteh" going ape-shit bonkers with rage makes me LULZ forever.

I do, but just because I only know you in passing from FFXI, and when we've spoken ingame, it's always involved multiple uses of the word "kitteh." And the idea of a man who says "kitteh" going ape-shit bonkers with rage makes me LULZ forever.

rofl.

Arch, do you just randomly say 'kitteh' while bitching these people out? That would make it quite entertaining.

New internet video series! Kitteh Attacks!

Back