Tako, it is what's for dinner!

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
319 yen, this with white steam rice and a small salad. Delicious.

tako.jpg

:icecream:

??How do you eat that??

$3.50 for that..what's the weight? >.>

Trying to get an idea on value against standard meat.

5 cents USD.

balut1.jpg

BALUT!

I'm sure Fodder has eaten one of these! Yum! You eat it by sprinkling some rock salt or vinegar. ;)

um.. you cook that at least right?

i'll stick with my burgers.

EDIT: wtf lucy? you never surprise me anymore lol

That octopus is already steamed/boiled. It's good though specially the little sockets.

I see some Koreans like their Octopus fresh/live with a bit of soy. Though those are the small ones and you have to wrap them in a stick so that they won't try to grab on your teeth or tongue.

live-octopus-shrimp-and-urchins-masan-restaurants-writhing-seafood.2787387.56.jpg

Here's the ticket from the package:

tako2.jpg

You should be able to figure out where the weight/cost factor is. :D

I will say that 216 grams comes out to 0.48lbs.

Also, the grocery shop we usually shop at is called "Yoshike" - the logo/text in the blue at the bottom.

Lol tako is 1 of the things the boys miss the most from japan, and last week they had the girl exchange students cook some tako-Yaki for everyone at a friends house. We used a birthday as an excuse xD

My friend Jesse is on tour in Asia right now, Djing probably 6~8 events. He's in Japan yesterday and today, and he loves eating weird stuff.

Here is video from his last tour in Asia:

YouTube - tittsworth eats live octopus

His updates from this tour have been pretty tame, but he did have fugu earlier today.

Fugu is ok, its more about saying you ate it, then the actual taste of it. Crab brains though (かにみそう) was probably the strangest for me, but its delicious.

He's in Tokyo today and tomorrow. You guys have any suggestions on where he should go for crab brains?

Tell him to look up a place called Uoshin, there is one in Roppongi and also one in Harajuku. Also some of the best fresh seafood, as it is affiliated with tsukiji, the fish market, and they get everything fresh daily. The deep fried fish bones there are also great, nice and crunchy.

Back