Summoner Solo Pirate chart

Ashmus

Unicorns are kickass!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hqfdR1DEfh0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hqfdR1DEfh0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

That was the fight you have to do for the mercurial kris. Lvl 20 cap fight against 3 NMs. Pretty straight forward solo for a smn. I thought about trying it a while back, but didn't want to mess with the fishing.

So...what I saw there was...
  1. Pop talking guy
  2. Summon Fenrir
  3. Sic Fenrir on targets
  4. Drink Yagudo drink
  5. Use powder boots or sprint shoes?
  6. Use prism powder?
  7. Run away!
  8. Summon Titan, Astral flow?
  9. Run away!
  10. Summon Carbuncle, sic on last remaining enemy
  11. Profit
Was that what I saw there?

1. pop NM
2. Astral Flow
3. Yagudo Drink
4. Assault one of NMs with Fenrir and use Astral flow on the one you assault
5. Prism Powder and run to safe spot near Selbina
6. summon titan and assault one of the two that you did not previously assault and use astral flow again
7. prism powder and run to safe spot between the spawn point and the spot near selbina
8. summon carby (carby is just what he used, you could use just about anything since astral flow is still active) which is auto assault the remaining NM which should be nearly dead
9. Profit (maybe, since the kris isnt 100%)

This video has been around for a while, but I'm pretty sure this still works.

I hope this clears things up.

Kanteed's method is the standard, but could use some streamlining for efficiency. I've solo'd this for a friend several times. I suppose it counts as duo, but he's useless and stands there like a tool.

Personally, I just use ramuh or shiva. Kanteed's pets all did 234 damage flat which would imply a cap but I'm pretty sure I've broken that using those two pets. That could be my merits though, so it's hard to say (that and looks like his summon skill wasn't capped?).

He also runs way too far wasting precious BP time. Basically hug the wall and 98% of the time no goblins around. Run only until your pet dies, which is plenty of range to recast (that and unless movement+, not gaining distance on them anyway).

But all in all, this can be defeated in only 2 BPs, probably either with elemental bonus of shiva/ramuh on the mobs, or with merits. Tapping yourself out and having to resort to Carbuncle is rather risky. (He switched to Carbuncle because his AF was about to wear any second, and even with mitts, carb's not free at that level. 1mp/tick)

so anyone wanna try this for me and Ill stand there like a useless fuck? I have a pirates chart. Ill split any profits with ya??

Back