[suggestion] Mentor Rework

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Greetings fellow WoLs. I'd like to touch on the Mentor today. We all know Mentor role is ... useless.

Hear me out, acquiring a Mentor role from either DoW/M or DoL/H is not by any means hard, it is just time consuming, and it is not right.

All requirements are not hard to meet, the only struggle may be Comms, which is a silly requirement by itself, but oh whatever.

Problem about this thing is that there are no incentives for a Mentor to be a "good" Mentor.
I'll take a prime example of myself. I have acquired Mentor role by a chance, i didn't even knew i met all the requirements, so i equipped the crown. That was it.
-Did i gave any advices to Sprouts ever? No.
-Have i joined Novice Network at any time? No.
-Did i don ANYTHING a Mentor is supposed to do? No.

I simply had no reason to be a "good" and "helpful" Mentor at all.
Mentor status means nothing and the only thing you can do, and feel rewarded is Mount that you can get after 2.000 Mentor Roulettes, that is a laughable prize.

My suggestion then?

Rework the Mentor requirements to be challenging, Mentor should be only a player most deserving. Give Mentors incentives not to be assholes, but helpful people feeling rewarded for their job.

New Mentor Requirements for DoW/M: [Suggested]
- All Jobs Lv80 (BLU capped)
- All dungeons cleared (Mentor is lost with the release of new dungeons)
- All Trials, Extreme Trials, 24-man RAIDS, 8-man RAIDS, including Savages, all Ultimate fights cleared (Mentor is lost with release of new content listed here)

New Mentor Requirements for DoH/L: [Suggested]
- All Crafting/Gathering Professions Lv80
- Crafting/Gathering log finished from atleast 75% for each Profession

And with that, give Mentors a REASON te be a Mentor other than "Yay, now i have a crown before my name."

Mentor Rewards: If player with Mentor status is not reported and disciplinary punished (Temporary Ban), a Mentor player will receive XX Crysta, (Crysta is a alternate Mog Station currency) or any other monthly reward other than Grind Mount (Tokens for example that can be exchanged for Mentor unique items)

This way i know whenever i will meet a Mentor, i know that person deserves his role, and now he has a reason to be a good Mentor.

Will i lose Mentor? Yes, i will, but i don't care for that role as i literally went past by it and it stuck to my shoe (as i did to thousands of other people)

tl;dr: Make Mentor an exlcusive role not handed to anyone walking by.

Continue reading...

Back