Sudden Idle Gpu

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hello!
I've been having an issue for quite a while now, starting back then in 5.1 when I bought the game. I can usually play the game normally, but at random times in random spots, the game starts stuttering, and badly. It can be while I'm walking on a city, flying on a map, inside dungeons, inside trials, raids, etc, it doesn't really matter where or what am I doing. This causes issues because the game doesn't let me walk quickly enough and I sometimes end up staying in an AoE I should have been able to avoid otherwise. I've tried lots of things, lowering the resolution, playing in windowed/full screen/borderless but nothing works. I've updated CPU/GPU drivers and I know my system can handle the game well because it's always over 60fps when there's no stuttering. Today, I installed GPU-Z to check what happened when the stutter happens, and when it does it's because the GPU goes idle for a moment, something that only seems to happen with FFXIV, other games do not go idle at all. Neither the GPU or CPU go above 90C at any point to think it'd be something to do with temperature or a dirty fan, although I did perform a cleanup just in case. RAM is not an issue because it's never going past 8/9GB and I have 16GB. I've tried to clean boot my computer, same issue. I've also tried doing clean installs of both CPU and GPU drivers, and this also happened before and after I formatted my PC a few months ago. The sound doesn't stutter or slow down to think it'd have something to do with that, so I'm really running out of options or ideas here. I've made sure to deactivate full-screen optimizations too, just to make sure, so I'd like to see if someone could help me with this.

Continue reading...

Back