Stella~ Computer question

Koul

nyquil zombie
FC/Active Member
Okay
So I'm low on memory or whatever and I'm cleaning my computer and I come upon a file that's full of .zip files that I never downloaded or anything...

would it be okay to delete em all? I'll give some examples

stuff like...

Yahoo Password hacking program
xXx State of the Union DVD rip Xvid
Office Enterprise 2003

ehh... a whole bunch of retarded video games that I'd never play... and really bad movies like Chronicles of Riddick... and Blade III: trinity....

I probably got all these from using limewire huh? :X oh and I can delete em all right? Just wanna make sure so I don't fuck over my computer

::edit::
also... little misc. question... I've been drinking like 4 cans of this orangeade stuff with 150% vitamin C per can everyday for the past week or so... is that good for me? or am I gunna OD on vitamin C

Last edited:
I think this thread would be perfect if you could provide a picture of what you had for breakfast.

also... little misc. question... I've been drinking like 4 cans of this orangeade stuff with 150% vitamin C per can everyday for the past week or so... is that good for me? or am I gunna OD on vitamin C
The vitamins you can overdose on are fat soluble vitamins (D, A, K and E) because they accumulate in tissues. Water soluble vitamins (C included) are safe because any amount of water-soluble vitamins your body doesn't use just gets peed out. (This is also the reason why 500-bajillion percent Vit-C tabs are a rip-off. You just pee out 400-bajillion% of it.)

The vitamins you can overdose on are fat soluble vitamins (D, A, K and E) because they accumulate in tissues. Water soluble vitamins (C included) are safe because any amount of water-soluble vitamins your body doesn't use just gets peed out. (This is also the reason why 500-bajillion percent Vit-C tabs are a rip-off. You just pee out 400-bajillion% of it.)

oh okay... good!!

sounds like something a retarded P2P program would do to you. I'd axe all those, delete any P2P programs you have other than bittorrent or soulseek, run a spyware program such as lavasoft adaware, and go through a virus scan.

150%? What the hell. That has to be awesome for you.

Got a question too :halo:

There's a file I can't delete -_-; It was some installer (luncher thing) program to read .pdf files, I d/l'd a bit ago. Now I want to delete that s*** but everytime I try, it keeps telling me the program is being used. Anyone know how to delete that thing?

drink all those vitamin C drinks after you drop some acid.
Also, i was diagnosed with some sort of beta carotene o/d as a kid, ate too many carrots or something, my skin looked like it was orange colored.

Got a question too :halo:

There's a file I can't delete -_-; It was some installer (luncher thing) program to read .pdf files, I d/l'd a bit ago. Now I want to delete that s*** but everytime I try, it keeps telling me the program is being used. Anyone know how to delete that thing?

What's the name of the file? And do you know the name of the executable (.exe file) using the file you want to delete?

drink all those vitamin C drinks after you drop some acid.
Also, i was diagnosed with some sort of beta carotene o/d as a kid, ate too many carrots or something, my skin looked like it was orange colored.

Nothing like a tall glass of frosty orange juice and a mushroom-topped english muffin!

And Koul, I told you Bearshare was a piece of shit. lol

okay figured out I got some hidden folder on my C: drive with a shitload of .zip files along with that other file that I just deleted

so question is

how the hell do I look at the hidden folder in my C: drive?

open any folder. go to the Tools Menu at the top. Open Folder Options, at the bottom of the list of options. Click on the "View" tab, in the middle at the top. Under "Hidden Files and Folders," make sure the 2nd radio button is selected, "Show hidden Files and Folders." You may get a warning that you will need to ignore :). Go to "Ok" at the bottom to accept the changes.

open any folder. go to the Tools Menu at the top. Open Folder Options, at the bottom of the list of options. Click on the "View" tab, in the middle at the top. Under "Hidden Files and Folders," make sure the 2nd radio button is selected, "Show hidden Files and Folders." You may get a warning that you will need to ignore :). Go to "Ok" at the bottom to accept the changes.

Thank you stella!!! Just an FYI too stella... I got no gag reflex~

GRAGGHAGHAGHAHRGHAHGHGHARH innuendo'd

Easier solution.

Format your hardrive! Cuase i gaurntee you didn't get all the crap off there.

Last edited:
could probably delete it in command promt or atleast force the delete.

don't play in there if you don't know how.

try booting in safe mode and delete the file then :confused:

AdbeRdr707_en_US.exe
This is actually the Adobe Acrobat Reader Install File.

I'd reccommend starting your computer in safe mode, and then attempting. It seems like you have some unfinished Acrobat setup or update. If you use Adobe, you should go into your control panel and uninstall it, restart, and then try to run the exec file. After you successfully install it again, try deleting the exec file. After that's done, then you should attempt the update process if there is one. That is most likely not a virus, unless there is some virus that I'm unaware of that creates itself under the same name of the Acrobat Installer file.

Or right click Taskbar, then click task manager. Then click Processes. Sort by name. See if any of the following are in the list:

AdbeRdr707_en_US.exe
setup.exe
msiexec.exe
rundll.exe

If any of those are running, kill them, then try to delete AdbeRdr707_en_US.exe.

Or, if you don't mind downloading another program,

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html

Launch this sucker, and it will tell you all the programs that are configured to run at startup. presumably there's something related to Adobe Acrobat in there. temporarily disable it using that program, then try to delete the file.

o_O that looks like a neat tool Kalia.

Must remember to snag that when i go home.

Late answer... Tried to:

- Unsinstall Adobe, restart, run AdbeRdr707_en_US.ex: didn't work. It tells me in an error message: "AdbeRdr707_en_US.ex is not a valid Win32 application".
- Taskbar > Prosseces > look for the names Kalia said: none of them was in it, except "rundll32.exe" which I stopped but still couldn't delete the file.
- Download Kalia's file "autoruns": nothing related to Adobe Acrobat was in there. Even used the search function the program has, still nothing.

Here's a picture of my processes:

The wiped out part is my irl name that you don't need to know :p

And btw, do you know what CCAP.EXE is? Because everytime I restart or stop my PC, it says something like (it's in French, so kind of hard to translate PC stuffs into English): "Program didn't shut down" or "Doesn't answer, wait 30 seconds or click the stop button"...

Edit: did left click on file, then Properties (English name I think):

And it says the file's size is 0 octects. So it's pretty much like it doesn't really exist or something? lol...

Last edited:
Back