(spoiler 5.3 Theory) Elidibus

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I've been thinking about something lately. 5.3 is arriving in a few months and one of the big theories going around is that we'll end up fighting G'raha Tia.

So I've been thinking about a possible outcome of that fight/situation. I'm thinking he's willing to kill himself to send us back to the Source and we'll try to stop him from doing so (this fight will break me and it will easily be the saddest fight in the game, fight me. It'll kinda be the Tsukuyomi of ShB). He's willing to kill himself because all other attempts have failed and that's the last option we have.

Anyway, the main theory I was going to present you revolves around the thing that'll happen after the fight. So after we beat G'raha Tia and stop him from attempting suicide we're happy and it's all sugar and rainbows. Then Elidibus creeps around the corner and backstabs him. He's trying to pin the blame on the WoL and the scions for killing him. It will be like the Parting Glas of ShB where the entirety of Norvrandt will turn against us (or at least most of the citizens). This would be another ARR parallel which is kinda the theme ShB is going for. In the very final cutscene of ShB Elidibus said something like that the warriors of light (which he is slowly gathering around Norvrandt) will defeat the warrior of darkness. If Norvrandt turned against us he'd achieve exactly that. Also, by killing him he could also prevent us from using G'raha Tia's blood to get back to the source. While the WoL can easily travel between the worlds the scions can't without the blood.

Now you're probably thinking how the citizens of Norvrandt will turn against us since they trust us so much. That's when Ardbert comes into play. Because we told whole Norvrandt that they can trust Ardbert Elidibus will probably take full advantage of that. So if he's gonna ''prove'' to them that we've killed G'raha Tia they might actually believe him. Not even knowing the real reason for the fight.

I think it'd kinda make sense because Elidibus is being build up to be a main villain. So a scene where he kills off G'raha Tia and pin the blame on us would not only be helping his build up but it would also make for a succulent emotional scene where we lose both the trust of a whole world after just gaining it so quickly and a precious cat boy. On top of that I think 5.3 will wrap up the whole ShB story, so our flight could be a good way to slowly introduce the next expansion. Elidibus is a top tier schemer, that's all I'm trying to say.

What do you think about my theory?

submitted by /u/Chocobro_
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back