Some pictures of relic scythe damage.

lostsoul

24.jpg

23.jpg

Quoted from the post on KI
Deathknight didn't even switch armor to WS

i guess too laggy in besieged

but he cata ranged from 900-2000+

yeah it's a pretty big range. i guess whenever the affect kicks in, it kicks in hard O_O

things to know about when i did besieged with him:
-DRK/NIN
-Haste set up (exception of armada hands)
-minuet/march
-never used souleater

250-350dmg regular swings
500-700dmg regular swings w/ affect
400-600dmg crits
1000-1200dmg crits w/ affect

not parsed but that's how it looked pretty much

can't think of anything else one might ask soo... yeah. haha

Guess theres an effect that kicks in that does triple the damage randomly.
Too bad the stupid WS mods are 40% AGI/INT... lol

I though about it, and would like to, but 40% AGI/INT for the mods? Stupid SE... lol. I could see INT but AGI?

It's got a lot of nice hidden effects and it's great and all, but the randomness on the WS that people have been talking about is kinda a turn off. For now though, great sword seems to be the weapon of choice. Seeing that Algol and the +triple attack is great. Plus, Scythe can't make like and we all know that almost every single skillchain on HNM and such is light.

All in all, I guess it all depends on what SE does with this new update on DRK's and "Wanting them to favor Scythe more than Great Swords". Not really sure how they're going to do that after adding Algol. But as for now, i'd have to say no even though i do have some currency laying around.

EDIT: From reading around, i guess the hidden effects on the weapon are +Haste% ( Not sure how much % ), Drains 1/4 to 1/2 your total HP from the mob during WS and there is some rumor about reducing the HP loss while using souleater ( Kinda doubt this one ).

Last edited:
By Great Sword being weapon of choice I hope to god you don't mean the relic Great Sword, as that is a steaming pile of shit lol. If you just mean in general, then maybe.

For the randomness of WS, you really have to take into consideration that those mobs are extremely high level. and Qutrub Wastrels, if I remember correctly, have crazy evasion. Is Catastrophe a 1 hit WS? If not, he could very easily be missing one or more of the hits on the WS. With a high evasion mob it only makes it more possible for that to happen. The mods are kinda shitty, but stat mods account for probably only 10-15% of total WS damage anyway, the rest is weapon base D, number of hits you score, Att/Def ratio, and STR/VIT ratio (even if STR isn't one of the WS mods)

If you just rate how useful each WS is for its particular job, I'd rate Scythe near the top of the list. Unless you have a Kraken, lol

Oh yeah, i mean GS as in Algol as weapon of choice just due to the triple attack effect and that it makes light. Other than i'd use a Scythe anyday.

And as far as the WS randomness it's more than just those besiged mobs, there were other people talking about it and people testing them on spiders in the tree and only doing 1200~ Sure the DRK was DRK/NIN but i could use my martial scythe and come up with numbers like that.

I guess it just sucks that you do all that work and STR not even being a mod of a relic WS is just plan stupid since all of DRK ws's are based on STR mods. In terms of WS damage, Spiral Hell is most likely the best WS melee's can get. But who would want to upgrade a relic weapon and then just use a quested WS to do max damage (300tp WS i mean by this)?

Yea, I think it's the case for most relic WS though. I don't think there are any that consistently put out the absolute best damage of any other WS for that particular weapon. It's one of the things about relic that kinda sucks, but whose shittiness is (kind of) offset by all the other cool stuff about the relic.

Is mercy stroke any good?

Mercy Stroke is one of the better ones.

1. Like the other Relic WS, the TP mod = 3.0 @ 100-300%. Shark Bite, for instance is a 2.0 @ 100, 2.5 @ 150, and 3.0 @ 300.

2. Mercy Stroke is a 1x, meaning that if it is used with SA you cannot miss. Shark Bite is 2x, Dancing Edge is 5x, and Evisceration is 5x.

3. Mercy Stroke's modifier is 60% STR, making Hecatomb the perfect armor for that WS.

Kalia said:
Yea, I think it's the case for most relic WS though. I don't think there are any that consistently put out the absolute best damage of any other WS for that particular weapon. It's one of the things about relic that kinda sucks, but whose shittiness is (kind of) offset by all the other cool stuff about the relic.

Well besides some of the add effects of some of the GKT WS's and whatever SC choices, Tachi: Kaiten seems to be the best WS for Sams by far.... and it lines up as Frag if im not mistaken...

Dar~

Back