So, What's Your Opinion On Current Healer Jobs

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
We're almost halfway through this expansion, what are your feelings on the changes and balances made to the healer jobs?

I'm an AST main since 3.2, back then everyone hated on AST for raiding, and I got kicked a few times over it. WHM + SCH was always preferred.

There are a few things that even now I still don't like about the AST changes:

It's not fair that stun was removed. There is significant advantage on WHM for bigger pulls as Holy stuns enemies, which gives you time to heal your tank and minimize damage.
Celestial Opposition used to stun enemies when you used it.

Insta-heals. Before, AST had faster heals that did not depend on stacks, which clearly gave it a distinctive playstyle. Now WHM has pretty much all instaheals which allow you to deal as much damage as you heal. I do like Horoscope, but there are more instances where single target insta-heals are needed than AoE ones. The exception is raiding.

Double Aspected Benefic cost for Nocturnal. I know they tried to balance out the stance with this, but I'd rather go diurnal and pop Aspected benefic all the time, than run out of mana with shields. Neutral sect can be used for cheap shields. I'd rather not go Noct at all.

The cards. I mean, I understand why the change was made, but the mechanic became so dull and boring, that is more like a chore and less about strategy. You have cards, cards, and more cards, and I feel like I'm not doing well if I'm not popping cards everywhere, I sometimes lose my focus.

I do like Neutral sec. In fact, I love it. You can now stack more shields, with either SCH or a Noct AST.

Don't want to make this any longer, I've been playing more WHM than AST these days because of how overpowered WHM is. But I kinda miss my AST I try to use it whenever I can. I know nothing about SCH, haven't played it much, so sorry if this felt more like a WHM/AST topic, but I'm curious about other healers.

Continue reading...

Back